Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

Just now, .Buzz said:

?

Not sure about really inaccurately here. He had that bad miss on Zay in the end zone. That’s about the only one that sticks in my head (besides that one on the final drive that made no sense).

Feel like there were more, but I'm too lazy to rewatch his throws lol.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Feel like there were more, but I'm too lazy to rewatch his throws lol.

I mean he missed here and there as every QB does, but I don’t recall any other throws than the two I mentioned that left me feeling like he was inaccurate, but fair enough.

23 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Lawrence wasn't a Captain Checkdown at all. He rarely threw it deep bc the Jags have the same issue as the Giants and have no deep threat, but he aired it out 10+ yards a good number of times. That being said, he missed several throws and does share some blame for the loss.

He definitely missed some throws but I don’t think he deserves blame. He missed Zay in the EZ but right after, ETN fumbled on his way into the EZ. Then they could have gotten a FG, instead they went for it on 4th and 1 but got stuffed. Offense could have easily put up 27.

Congrats on the W.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

He definitely missed some throws but I don’t think he deserves blame. He missed Zay in the EZ but right after, ETN fumbled on his way into the EZ. Then they could have gotten a FG, instead they went for it on 4th and 1 but got stuffed. Offense could have easily put up 27.

Congrats on the W.

thanks bro, T-Law will get there.

25 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

What advantages did Gardner Minshew have over Trevor Lawrence? Because the numbers were better and, most importantly, he won more games.

Minshew had a competent defense with AJ Bouye, Myles Jack (when he was still sort of good) Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue producing at a high level. On offense, he had Leonard Fournette going for 1100 yards rushing and catching 76/522. Six of his seven career wins come with that supporting cast - and that's why wins aren't a QB stat. He also had a healthy DJ Chark, who was slated to be Lawrence's #1 WR before he got hurt early in Lawrence's career.

So, he had a LOT of advantages. These are things you can learn if you stop box score scouting.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Minshew had a competent defense with AJ Bouye, Myles Jack (when he was still sort of good) Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue producing at a high level. On offense, he had Leonard Fournette going for 1100 yards rushing and catching 76/522. Six of his seven career wins come with that supporting cast - and that's why wins aren't a QB stat. He also had a healthy DJ Chark, who was slated to be Lawrence's #1 WR before he got hurt early in Lawrence's career.

So, he had a LOT of advantages. These are things you can learn if you stop box score scouting.

How did the 2019 Jaguars defense actually produce, in terms of turnovers and points allowed? How is the 2022 Jaguars defense producing, in terms of turnovers and points allowed? Jaguars currently have a top 10 defense by points allowed.

Jaguars rush offense in 2019 underperformed compared to the Jaguars 2022 rush offense so far. Jaguars right now have a top 10 run game that includes a first round pick at RB. It's their passing game that is underwhelming by all metrics.

DJ Chark is a guy who did nothing outside of a small window he played with Minshew?

If Minshew were a first round draft pick, you people would be making the same excuses for him...as long as you had him rated highly on your own personal big board pre-draft.

Again, no one can actually articulate what it is about Lawrence's actual play that has them optimistic outside he isn't completely screwing things up for his team. They're kind of competitive, and then he fails to cash in even when it matters. 

11 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

How did the 2019 Jaguars defense actually produce, in terms of turnovers and points allowed? How is the 2022 Jaguars defense producing, in terms of turnovers and points allowed? Jaguars currently have a top 10 defense by points allowed.

Jaguars rush offense in 2019 underperformed compared to the Jaguars 2022 rush offense so far. Jaguars right now have a top 10 run game that includes a first round pick at RB. It's their passing game that is underwhelming by all metrics.

DJ Chark is a guy who did nothing outside of a small window he played with Minshew?

If Minshew were a first round draft pick, you people would be making the same excuses for him...as long as you had him rated highly on your own personal big board pre-draft.

Again, no one can actually articulate what it is about Lawrence's actual play that has them optimistic outside he isn't completely screwing things up for his team. They're kind of competitive, and then he fails to cash in even when it matters. 

He literally led an 18 play 10 minute TD drive last week to give the Jags the lead with two minutes left and was one yard short today from a 75 yard GW TD drive……

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

They've only played six games in 2022 - are you seriously trying to compare a full season sample set with Minshew vs a 6 game sample set with Lawrence? 

That's not how it works. Stop trying.

2019 was 17th, and again - perhaps you missed where you're comparing a full season vs 1/3 of a season.

Numbers and rankings don't operate like that, this is basic Elementary mathematics. You're comparing a full picture to a picture that's being drawn as we speak.

Hard to produce with Lawrence when you fracture an ankle and end up on IR. Can you tell me a player who produced while on IR? I'm all ears.

Not if you watched him play football. He's a poor mans' Case Keenum, prone to mistakes and more likely to give up extra yards on sacks or fumble the ball when trying to extend a play than do something positive (he lost 12 fumbles that first season - better stated, as many times as Lawrence lost fumbles in his entire career to this point).

I'll let others articulate it (they are, you're just painfully obtuse - which is your calling card, you're incredibly bland and predicable in that respect). I'm here to shoot down the notion that Gardner Minshew is equivalent to *any* starting QB in the NFL - if you watched him actually play football, you'd understand why he isn't.

But, I honestly expect you to be obtuse - again.