Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

22 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Joe Burrow has 3 games with a sub 40 QBR (since I guess that’s what we are using) this year, same as Trevor. He stinks.

Joe Burrow has been pretty lousy this year, and I am personally not in the Joe Burrow is god camp because of one fluky Super Bowl run that had as much to do with his defense as anything he did. Burrow also plays with what is probably the best group of WR's in the league. 

He reminds me of a more mobile Carson Palmer, ironically enough. And Palmer wasn't bad. Had his years. But just like Burrow, Carson Palmer was supposed to be the next big thing until he shredded his knee in 2005. People used that as the excuse for why Palmer never lived up to the potential as if he and he alone was the first QB to ever suffer a knee injury. The truth is Palmer was a QB with a big arm but inconsistent accuracy and decision making ability who made his living when he could just throw to big bodied WR's who could make contested catches.

The one thing Burrow has on Palmer is he doesn't seem to be a world class choker, though. 

11 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’d say Trey Lance shattering his ankle bone into dust in a pivotal year is a bit more adversity than a bum coach, lol 

try learning 2 schemes in 2 years along with a team devoid of talent at skill positions and having Trent Baalke as a GM. i think Trevor wins the adversity for the fact he has Baalke as GM. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I mean I understand Urban was a joke hire, but there really isn't a lot of pressure being a QB in Jacksonville. Its a pretty irrelevant area that doesn't really get talked about much.  Now he has Doug Pederson who has developed QBs before, has a explosive RB, solid OL, and solid defense with a weak schedule. A lot of QBs have gone through coaching changes and played on bad teams.   It helps not playing for a market that any little mistake you make you get criticized for. 

oh theres pressure in jacksonville since hes relatively Local(played HS football in the atl suburb so maybe 6 hours. people tired of losing.  

that solid defense isnt really solid unless everyones playing at their best which they seem to not.  Josh Allen(the supposed to be star seems to go missing way too much.  Walker isnt doing much pass rush wise.   Cisco hasnt made an impact play.  Campbell seems to be playing well.   too much missed tackles and weak defense in the middle of the field.

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

try learning 2 schemes in 2 years along with a team devoid of talent at skill positions and having Trent Baalke as a GM. i think Trevor wins the adversity for the fact he has Baalke as GM. 

It’s not a competition but I’d for sure rather learn a new playbook over the course of an offseason than have my ankle 180’d lol

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

Unless its the Bears playbook

Then i take my chances on the ankle

If you spawn as the Bears QB you actually start with both a new playbook debuff and a broken ankle you sustained in the preseason from bad pass protection.

You can also only eat hot dogs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If you spawn as the Bears QB you actually start with both a new playbook debuff and a broken ankle you sustained in the preseason from bad pass protection.

You can also only eat hot dogs. 

Apparently Fields has the balls to play on hard mode. Kudos

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

As a Raider fan, the Jags just played against the worst DC in the NFL, Patrick Graham. He has made every QB look good this year.

And the stats show that, the Raiders are a bottom 2 pass defense. QBs have a 106 QB rating vs the Raiders. They are the kind of defense a QB can use to pad stats. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

And the stats show that, the Raiders are a bottom 2 pass defense. QBs have a 106 QB rating vs the Raiders. They are the kind of defense a QB can use to pad stats. 

Honestly, we need to go through every QB’s stats throughout the year and whenever they have faced a bottom 10 pass D, take those stats away.