Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I just love how this thread is just a back and forth gotcha thread between the two camps, depending on how Trevor performs that single week.

It's entertaining.

If the conversation keeps going, we can quote old stuff without technically running into the 'bump old threads' rule.

Teamwork is the best when it's fueled by spite.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Actually it's strangely quiet whenever Lawrence has a good game.

He did what he was supposed to do vs the worst pass defense in football. The Raiders pass defense is truly terrible, 106 QB rating allowed, only 9 sacks this season. Horrible defense. 

I think Trevor will be a good QB, but he is not generational. 

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He did what he was supposed to do vs the worst pass defense in football. The Raiders pass defense is truly terrible, 106 QB rating allowed, only 9 sacks this season. Horrible defense. 

What he was “supposed to do”:

19 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Actually it's strangely quiet whenever Lawrence has a good game.

That’s always how things go, it’s a lot more fun after a bad game to come into threads like this than the alternative.

I’ve just known to stay away after bad games because it’s usually just sky is falling material.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

False but I already know where you stand by your consistent posting in all things Jets.  Carry on patting your QB on the back for playing well against LV.

Go ahead. Tell me how he is 5-1 as the starter.

He had one good quarter against the Steelers. Been carried by the D/run game in every other game except the Pats. We saw what happened there. 

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

One thing I think people get confused about, not necessarily you, but I've seen it in the thread.  A generational prospect, or best since Luck, or whatever you want to say does not necessarily mean that people just assume he's gonna be the best QB ever once he gets into the league.  That's ceiling.

A great prospect needs a high ceiling, sure, but they also need a high floor.  A really great prospect at any position isn't just a guy who has the potential to be the best ever, it's a guy who looks like a safe bet to be very good.  And that's Lawrence.  Luck too.

Lawrence was a pretty polished passer in college, came from a pro-style offense, had a long history of success, checked every physical box you could ask for, and repeatedly won on the biggest stages.  Even in games he lost, he played really well.  You rarely get all of those things in a single QB.  You could argue that someone like Josh Allen had more upside, and he did.  But Lawrence was a much better prospect than Allen was, because he didn't have a huge step in competition and accuracy issues.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If the conversation keeps going, we can quote old stuff without technically running into the 'bump old threads' rule.

Teamwork is the best when it's fueled by spite.

It's not really a rule - I just like locking stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

One thing I think people get confused about, not necessarily you, but I've seen it in the thread.  A generational prospect, or best since Luck, or whatever you want to say does not necessarily mean that people just assume he's gonna be the best QB ever once he gets into the league.  That's ceiling.

A great prospect needs a high ceiling, sure, but they also need a high floor.  A really great prospect at any position isn't just a guy who has the potential to be the best ever, it's a guy who looks like a safe bet to be very good.  And that's Lawrence.  Luck too.

Lawrence was a pretty polished passer in college, came from a pro-style offense, had a long history of success, checked every physical box you could ask for, and repeatedly won on the biggest stages.  Even in games he lost, he played really well.  You rarely get all of those things in a single QB.  You could argue that someone like Josh Allen had more upside, and he did.  But Lawrence was a much better prospect than Allen was, because he didn't have a huge step in competition and accuracy issues.

It kind of does yes.  Certainly doesn't have to be the best player ever but you are expecting a top 5 player when you say generational.  Generational guys come around maybe once a decade.  His fault or not that term was linked to him and right now he's an average QB. 

Manning and Luck lived up to the generational hype and right now Lawrence is not.  There are tons of high floor QBs who come out but don't have "generational" thrown around with their names.  When you have that attached to you then the expectations aren't middling QB fair or not.