Week 4 GDT: Bears @ Giants, 10/2/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Gotcha. I haven't bothered to rewatch anything but live so I'm clearly missing a lot of the details. Appreciate the correction.  

First game I wouldn't even consider in the stats just because the weather was going to force their hand with playcalling. If they walked into that monsoon and nothing changed... then damn. Lol

I don't have anything to base it off of but live play. Maybe I'll be a "better fan" later but atm I'm not sure. Lately i found how awesome lazy Sundays are. 👌 

I am absolutely looking forward to lazy Sundays. Two weeks left in school so it is crunch time. I listen to the games from the other room while typing endless research papers. I can't wait to actually be able to watch an entire game. The thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Sad GIF

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I am absolutely looking forward to lazy Sundays. Two weeks left in school so it is crunch time. I listen to the games from the other room while typing endless research papers. I can't wait to actually be able to watch an entire game. The thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Sad GIF

Very cool man. Two weeks is a short time left. Knock it out and then enjoy!

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I could be wrong but I think it's been a mix of in-between chip blocks and leaving Fields in 5 protect.  I have to go back and rewatch the last 2 games a little bit closer but I know for fact in the 1st game against SF the OL did get alot of help.  I only counted 3 pass plays throughout the entire game where the TEs or RBs didn't stay in to atleast chip block before taking off on designed routes to possibly give Fields a short level blanket. However, I do feel like I've seen more 5 man protect in these last 2 games. 

But maybe I'm wrong.  Again, I need to go back and watch and chart the amount of plays. Maybe I should that this week after the Giants game and before the All-22 is released for the game and I get distracted. 

There’s been some chip blocks, especially the TEs and especially in the play-action game.

They’ve also done max protection sets. Also seen some 5-man protection in certain situations.

I’m hesitant to jump to any conclusions about the Bears’ OL. Sack rate says they’re awful. Time-to-throw says maybe they’re not so bad. But if you’re running fewer routes, you’d expect longer TTT.

Solidifying the pieces around Fields enough to run a modern gameplan should be the team’s priority right now.