Trevor Noah leaving the daily show

Forge

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He grew on me a whole whole lot. Not quite as big of shoes as Stewart but still tough for the next person coming in. 

Made it his own and did a solid follow up - hell he had plenty of material the last 6+ years. I'm not too surprised. He seems to have a lot of other projects out there. 

Late night TV just isn't relevant anymore.

We aren't going to see any more wars like Leno/Conan.

They will just get cheaper replacements and be good with just filling time and try for viral moments.

Late Night TV is often a giant movie ad, because the actors have to come on and shill.

Daily Show doesnt suffer too much from this, but theres just too many choices now and the format for Late Night Talk shows are not palateable anymore.

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was just trolling. Don't know anything about the man. I just remember the Conan conspiracies.

Lol right on. Would be very shocked to see it but after what we're seeing right now, it's more believable which is why I thought you were serious.....

I'm sure whoever they get will have the same effect on my viewing habits and that's not knowing this show even exists except for commercials during South Park.  

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Late night TV just isn't relevant anymore.

We aren't going to see any more wars like Leno/Conan.

They will just get cheaper replacements and be good with just filling time and try for viral moments.

Late Night TV is often a giant movie ad, because the actors have to come on and shill.

Daily Show doesnt suffer too much from this, but theres just too many choices now and the format for Late Night Talk shows are not palateable anymore.

Late night shows used to be mostly about comedy with bits of political and social commentary sprinkled in.

Now, its the exact opposite.  

The only one that seems remotely interested in being a comedy show is Fallon, and he is terrible at it.

23 hours ago, 43M said:

Late night shows used to be mostly about comedy with bits of political and social commentary sprinkled in.

Now, its the exact opposite.  

The only one that seems remotely interested in being a comedy show is Fallon, and he is terrible at it.

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report in the early 2000s were very political but also hilarious.

It just feel like something shifted where politics just cant be as fun anymore. Its beyond satire

Edited by Malfatron