BDL 2022 Week 4- Rome Eternals @ Cancun Kaiju

RuskieTitan

And the Winner Will Be?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2022 at 04:00 AM

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not sure where he said it was easy but I will say this if he is running a hurry up offense another word is a no huddle offense how are you rotating defensive linemen?

This is the genuine question since you guys are discussing it let's bring some clarity to what you guys are thinking here. I'm asking both of you so blue you say that you're gonna rotate blind in that BCB is apparently thinking that the hurry up offense is going to be easy.

So @Blueif hes running the hurry up offense how exactly are you going to be rotating defensive linemen?

@bcb1213 hes saying you think it's easy is that the case do you think there's gonna be opportunities for his defensive line to rotate?

Because it’s not practical or realistic to run a no huddle dink-and-dunk offense on the road with any success. One incomplete pass, one sack, one tackle for loss and you’re behind the sticks in an obvious pass situation. That’s true for us as well to some extent, but we’re not dealing with crowd noise or explicitly trying for short gains or facing Cover-2. I think Rome ends up facing more 3 and outs than long drives early if that’s really what they try to do.

Edited by Blue

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Because it’s not practical or realistic to run a no huddle dink-and-dunk offense on the road with any success. One incomplete pass, one sack, one tackle for loss and you’re behind the sticks in an obvious pass situation. That’s true for us as well to some extent, but we’re not dealing with crowd noise or explicitly trying for short gains or facing Cover-2. I think Rome ends up facing more 3 and outs than long drives early if that’s really what they try to do.

Well to be fair they're not facing crowd noise either if they're being successful because your crowd is not going to be cheering if they're running long drives and scoring touchdowns.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not sure where he said it was easy but I will say this if he is running a hurry up offense another word is a no huddle offense how are you rotating defensive linemen?

This is the genuine question since you guys are discussing it let's bring some clarity to what you guys are thinking here. I'm asking both of you so blue you say that you're gonna rotate blind in that BCB is apparently thinking that the hurry up offense is going to be easy.

So @Blueif hes running the hurry up offense how exactly are you going to be rotating defensive linemen?

@bcb1213 hes saying you think it's easy is that the case do you think there's gonna be opportunities for his defensive line to rotate?

Is he completing 💯 of his passes? Is he refusing to use other personnel when his gameplan says otherwise? Because when he subs we can too and when passes are incomplete we will have some time as well. 😂

45 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@Blue  Here's another question it and I'm not being facetious here, What makes you think that a team cannot dink and dunk successfully against your defense.

I’d recommend looking at cover 2 diagrams where we have 2 corners as flat sink defenders and denying all inside routes under 10 yards for one. If he wants to take shots over the corner and under the safety in the intermediate or try to stress the seams off of playaction then yeah that’s a beater.

8 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

We don't need to ask 20 questions. It means to the extent we as voters want to believe it's effective with the plan and roster.

Is every Cancun matchup like this?

I’ve known BCB a while. This is friendly banter. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Well to be fair they're not facing crowd noise either if they're being successful because your crowd is not going to be cheering if they're running long drives and scoring touchdowns.

lol anyone who has ever been to a live football game knows that isn’t true

1 hour ago, Blue said:

lol anyone who has ever been to a live football game knows that isn’t true

You're right anyone who has been to a live football game no that isn't true because I didn't make I didn't make it clear enough. Hypothetically if your team is performing like **** they are either dead silent or booing your ***

Here is the thing and I have sent this numerous times  In many different ways. You don't get to tell The voters what will and will not happen in your game none of us do. Each individual voter gets to decide that for themselves. So you or anyone else sitting here and saying this will not happen no team ever succeeds in doing this that is just white noise you are wasting your time because no one cares because no 1 is going to use That information to decide whether or not you win or lose.

The time for stating your case is writing your game plan nothing else really matters. It's not the hype statistics you guys post that you arguing that BCB will not be able to know how to against you none of it it does not matter

2 hours ago, Blue said:

That’s all I’m going to say about it as well because I don’t want to turn the game thread into a long argument. I wouldn’t try to run a hurry-up offense on the road as a primary part of my offense.

Your thread had 100 posts last week. I’ll take the over on whatever the line is for this game thread.

• Like 2