BDL 2022 Week 4- Rome Eternals @ Cancun Kaiju

RuskieTitan

And the Winner Will Be?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2022 at 04:00 AM

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Maliek Collins has a pretty high pass rush win rate next to Lopez on the interior.

oh yea, forgot about him.  He's a solid interior pass rusher.  For as big as he is, I have no idea why he's so god awful against the run though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

but Chase and Taylor need to start producing at higher levels if one of the most talented BDL rosters expects to cement themselves as BDL Championship contenders.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Outside of Deebo, those outside weapons for both teams really left a lot lacking in terms of production.

12 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Sure I am. And yet this week’s stats for those two don’t lie. 

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

From where I’m sitting, it wouldn’t take much to shut down those receivers this week.

Mwil I agree with you here but you just voted for a team who’s three starting receivers went 6 for 37 with 0 TD’s this week against a team that’s three starting receivers went 27 for 320 and 2 TD’s and not a peep about that other teams receivers haha. I get defensive gameplan and all that but man.

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Mwil I agree with you here but you just voted for a team who’s three starting receivers went 6 for 37 with 0 TD’s this week against a team that’s three starting receivers went 27 for 320 and 2 TD’s and not a peep about that other teams receivers haha. I get defensive gameplan and all that but man.

Which game/Which team? QB play also matters IMO, and IMO it generally matters more than other production. And sometimes it's tough to gauge things. I think, for example, D.J. Moore is a victim of woeful QB play and didn't just forget how to play WR. I also factor in a lot for defensive gameplanning purposes in tandem with whoever that QB is. That's just me.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Which game/Which team? QB play also matters IMO, and IMO it generally matters more than other production. And sometimes it's tough to gauge things. I think, for example, D.J. Moore is a victim of woeful QB play and didn't just forget how to play WR. I also factor in a lot for defensive gameplanning purposes in tandem with whoever that QB is. That's just me.

Singapore and Camden

16 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

also to be fair, I think Herbert is a massive upgrade at QB from Teddy two gloves and Jacoby Brissett respectfully.  Waddle was a top 3 wr yardage wise before Teddy came in to town..lol.  Adversely, playing a zone based defesne mitigates any struggles these players may have had against man coverages this week as they aren't being asked to beat any player, just  make catches

Not to mention their defensive gameplan is to target sutton whose covered by Humphrey so I guess they are just gonna throw screens or something according to their plan.  Then they want to attack William Jackson, who isn't starting and go after our safeties who are just playing a deep zone (Hooker) or playing middle zone/spying Mahomes (Hamilton).  I can't say I blame them as our CB trio is tremendous, but they are going pass heavy against a team with the corners to stop it instead of using their RB's more this week who had amazing games.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree who is throwing the football can greatly impact WR production, glad you brought this up here

54 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I agree who is throwing the football can greatly impact WR production, glad you brought this up here

You say that as though the knife doesn't cut both ways against a single high safety Cover 1 look against Mahomes while expecting the run. :) 

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You say that as though the knife doesn't cut both ways against a single high safety Cover 1 look against Mahomes while expecting the run. :) 

oh for sure  Moore and Olave clearly get QB upgrades with Mahomes.  You can argue Sutton too but Wilson's always been a pepper the same one or two wide outs type of QB so what Sutton gains in QB arm talent, he loses in pure target numbers.  We are trusting Humphrey on Sutton and Reed on Moore with Dean getting some deep help on Olave.  Kind of helps that Mahomes has leaned a ton on Kelce over the years up the middle and you guys aren't exactly targeting the TE much

As far as expecting the run, I don't think our cover one really plays differently.  We expected a ton of play action, which you are using a lot according to your plan and frankly, our CB don't care about the run game like we said so I think that's actually a net positive for us

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Not to mention their defensive gameplan is to target sutton whose covered by Humphrey so I guess they are just gonna throw screens or something according to their plan.  Then they want to attack William Jackson, who isn't starting and go after our safeties who are just playing a deep zone (Hooker) or playing middle zone/spying Mahomes (Hamilton).  I can't say I blame them as our CB trio is tremendous, but they are going pass heavy against a team with the corners to stop it instead of using their RB's more this week who had amazing games.

You literally don't know what a tunnel screen is, lol

You're playing a single deep zone with a mediocre safety and spying Mahomes with a safety who has zero NFL starts and played 17 snaps this week. So I don't know what point you're trying to make there, seeing you play single-high safety and expecting the run makes me giddy after planning on using play action with Mahomes throwing deep.

Edited by Blue

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

You literally don't know what a tunnel screen is, lol

You're playing a single deep zone with a mediocre safety and spying Mahomes with a safety who has zero NFL starts and played 17 snaps this week. So I don't know what point you're trying to make there, seeing you play single-high safety and expecting the run makes me giddy after planning on using play action with Mahomes throwing deep.

Again my corners don't care about yourself play action and they are better than your WR so please do.   And lol thinking Hamilton can't spy Mahomes cause he's a sub package player for Baltimore. What an enormous task I gave him! 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Again my corners don't care about yourself play action and they are better than your WR so please do.   And lol thinking Hamilton can't spy Mahomes cause he's a sub package player for Baltimore. What an enormous task I gave him! 

It's not about the corners, it's about fooling the safety to get single coverage on the outside. Mahomes can hit those deep throws against any corner in the league and you know it.

On a similar note, you're putting a backup safety on Mahomes instead of playing Cover-2, that's some galaxy-brain level thinking there.