The Good, the Bad, we're in the WIN COLUMN vs. Broncos (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He's not slow so he's good at it when he actually does it 

He didn’t even slide one play and he protected the ball I was legit impressed. He had them knees high like a real rb lol. In the post game presser he said gruden used to challenge him to run for at least 2 first downs a game and he’s gonna go back to that

• Like 5

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I can’t say enough how I loved watching carr run. Without those I don’t think we win this game. They were soo clutch. 

Same here, really loved it. He needed to do it for the team. Especially the one where he didn't slide and actually beat a bad tackle attempt too. He's never going to be a running QB, we know that, but if he can add just one or two decent runs for 1st downs per game into his arsenal then It'll help the team so much and one or two less stalled drives can make all the difference and pump up the rest of the offence.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Same here, really loved it. He needed to do it for the team. Especially the one where he didn't slide and actually beat a bad tackle attempt too. He's never going to be a running QB, we know that, but if he can add just one or two decent runs for 1st downs per game into his arsenal then It'll help the team so much and one or two less stalled drives can make all the difference and pump up the rest of the offence.

Not to compare the two as QBs, but I remember Green Bay's offense really taking off when Rodgers became a threat to run. He was never a "running QB" himself, just deceptively athletic for a typical QB. Never really ran a lot, but it got to where he didn't need to in 3rd and shorts, teams took someone out of the rush or coverage just to be safe. 

Little things like that can make a huge difference along the way. I think opposing teams have a higher opinion of Carr as a passer, especially with our weapons, than some fans. Adding a wrinkle just gives them another headache to have to account for. They know our OL isn't very good and have been able to commit to robust coverage in the meantime. Running, I believe, is going to help the pass game open up a bit and not feel so one-dimensional. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He can do more until they stop it. I want to see him run for at least 3-4 first downs per game if they're not going to spy him and play everyone in coverage.

54 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Exactly if he ran for 2 first down vs Arizona especially in that 2nd half we win that game imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He didn’t even slide one play and he protected the ball I was legit impressed. He had them knees high like a real rb lol. In the post game presser he said gruden used to challenge him to run for at least 2 first downs a game and he’s gonna go back to that

That is why I said Gruden's offense looked more natural when MM was in the game even though Carr is a much better QB.  I do not want a running QB but rather a QB that knows when to run.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Also pumped up the defense on the sidelines. When you see a qb/captain/leader putting it all on the line like that you have no excuse to not do the same.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Man ya'll like 5 years too late, been screaming this about Carr since forever, at this point it's like pulling teeth, maybe he will try to remember to use his legs more but i'm not believing until i see it.

I probably posted this video several times in my argument about Carr running more over the years, and why i felt he leaves too many drives on the field,  he showed he can run and has decent speed and we literally never seen him do this again until this past Sunday. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Man ya'll like 5 years too late, been screaming this about Carr since forever, at this point it's like pulling teeth, maybe he will try to remember to use his legs more but i'm not believing until i see it.

I probably posted this video several times in my argument about Carr running more over the years, and why i felt he leaves too many drives on the field,  he showed he can run and has decent speed and we literally never seen him do this again until this past Sunday. 

Yeh, I think pretty much everyone has wanted him to run a bit more since maybe the 2017 season. It's certainly a valid criticism that he hasn't run enough despite having some ability there. I do t expect a total change in outlook but as I said, if he can do it just a couple times a game that will be beneficial and easily achievable.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I think pretty much everyone has wanted him to run a bit more since maybe the 2017 season. It's certainly a valid criticism that he hasn't run enough despite having some ability there. I do t expect a total change in outlook but as I said, if he can do it just a couple times a game that will be beneficial and easily achievable.

I have always thought it was funny that per game Brady runs more than Carr in their careers.  Carr does averages 3.1 yards per attempt and Brady 1.7 yards.