The Good, the Bad, we're in the WIN COLUMN vs. Broncos (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

Was John Simpson a healthy scratch? His days are about numbered at this point. Bars was good in the run game. We have 2 young lineman we can build this o-line around. I think by mid-season this oline will be pretty decent with one or 2 spots needing to be upgraded. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Was John Simpson a healthy scratch? His days are about numbered at this point. Bars was good in the run game. We have 2 young lineman we can build this o-line around. I think by mid-season this oline will be pretty decent with one or 2 spots needing to be upgraded. 

Bars was absolutely abused on that one play. DT did a perfect swim move and blew up the play right away.

Didn't notice him really the rest of the game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Bars was absolutely abused on that one play. DT did a perfect swim move and blew up the play right away.

Didn't notice him really the rest of the game.

This is what is happening all season. The O-line plays good then bam one player loses right away and then you have D-linemen running free at Carr. This can't happen against good teams.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t keep kicking fgs 

thank god for our defense and running game carr included. Carr learning this new age game requires mobility. Looking like a young carriota or lecarr Jackson out there. It was beautiful like watching your kid take their first steps. Him being a threat to run will keep the defense honest and make it even easier on himself 

I know this has been a sticking point for a lot of guys who want Carr to run more.  Watch the pressers from yesterday from McDaniels and Carr.  Very eye-opening that even the press knows Josh doesn't want him to run.

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Denver had a Top 3 RZ Defense for the last 3 seasons - compared to last seasom, there where 3 Teams that scored 30+ points against them (Philly, Chargers and us).
So to me for this special game it was okay to kick FGs.

We literally beat den last year 34-24 and scored tds. Why are fgs so popular this year?

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We literally beat den last year 34-24 and scored tds. Why are fgs so popular this year?

It needs to be fixed. Hopefully chemistry just taking a little time. 
Our Redzone practices are just the blind helping the blind though, as we are brutal on both O and D in redzone. 
In practice they probably tink each unit looking good, but its actually just bad play from each side lol. 

Hopefully Renfrow back will help, and need to use Jacobs more in the Redzone. He has always been a good goalline back, and we dont use him a ton.
He always falls forward it seems.

6 hours ago, Totty said:

What's the other option though?  

Let him play out his contract and then franchise tag him.  It would actually be cheaper as long as it is not an exclusive tag.  I would have let him play out his final year, see how he performs in McDaniels offense, and pay him accordingly.  If he deserves to get paid like a $40 million QB then so be it.  He gets $40+ in year 3 and 4 already if we keep him.  His contract is not bad for us because we can get out just as easily but he might have been easier to trade if we wanted by doing it the other way.

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

At a 1:20 the first thing I thought was Barry Sanders and is the best run I have seen in the league so far this year.  After all the criticizing we did, myself included, Jacobs looked like a 1st round RB yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

At a 1:20 the first thing I thought was Barry Sanders and is the best run I have seen in the league so far this year.  After all the criticizing we did, myself included, Jacobs looked like a 1st round RB yesterday.

McDaniels needs to be consistent in getting him the rock, we’ve been at our best when we’ve consistently run the ball. Yesterday and 1st half Vs AZ

• Like 1