Week 5: Giants @ Packers - Football is coming home (9.30 ET)

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

First time being at a Packers game in person (have been at NFL games before at Wembley) was a funny experience. I have to say the atmosphere and people is lively etc but I do prefer watching the games at home. More focused, more intensity better replays and I never thought I would say it, I miss the commentary too. Having said all that I do need to make a trip out to Lambeau as I met with Arthur Penske after the game and he said Lambeau is way louder than yesterday.

That was fun and I’m glad the Packers got to Play in Europe. Bet yes, games at an NFL stadium are like 10x louder than that. Even though there were many more Packer fans than Giant fans it really wasn’t very advantageous for Green Bay at all.

Many of the European  fans sat the majority of the game and made little noise compared to a NFL stadium game. It was like the whole stadium was the Milwaukee Gold package fans I hear about who get mad when you stand up 😂 

fun trip though and enjoyed the European packer fans a great deal. They just should have won. The 2nd half was atrocious. 

Got a tee time at St. Andrews this week to help alleviate that bad loss. 

also @Brit Pack is a great dude. Glad we got to meet for a bit and he gave me some good travel advice around the area. Thanks. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That was fun and I’m glad the Packers got to Play in Europe. Bet yes, games at an NFL stadium are like 10x louder than that. Even though there were many more Packer fans than Giant fans it really wasn’t very advantageous for Green Bay at all.

Many of the European  fans sat the majority of the game and made little noise compared to a NFL stadium game. It was like the whole stadium was the Milwaukee Gold package fans I hear about who get mad when you stand up 😂 

fun trip though and enjoyed the European packer fans a great deal. They just should have won. The 2nd half was atrocious. 

Got a tee time at St. Andrews this week to help alleviate that bad loss. 

also @Brit Pack is a great dude. Glad we got to meet for a bit and he gave me some good travel advice around the area. Thanks. 

It's funny, I go to a few soccer games over a year, typically Arsenal and Watford (I live very close to the stadium) and what Arthur Penske experienced yesterday was louder in parts than most games I attend. Soccer in the UK, especially around London, has become very upper middleclass game to attend, more so with the top Premier League teams and as a result much tamer than back in the day, we call the new type of fans the 'prawn sandwich brigade.' 

@Arthur Penske, also a very nice dude and I hope to sit and have a proper chat before the leaves these shores

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2022/10/07/matt-lafleurs-attitude-toward-london-trip-has-been-boorish/?sh=3e7ea06f7234

Really makes me respect MLF less. What a schitty attitude. No wonder our we are mentally soft.

This is a non-starter for me. He is worried about one thing, his football team. This past week was outside of their norm and that is a distraction coaches do not like. This doesn't change my view of MLF one bit. 

I don't blame the loss on any of that as the Giants had to deal with the same things. 

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is a non-starter for me. He is worried about one thing, his football team. This past week was outside of their norm and that is a distraction coaches do not like. This doesn't change my view of MLF one bit. 

I don't blame the loss on any of that as the Giants had to deal with the same things. 

I think you mean "non-issue". But I still couldn't disagree more. 

You're right, he was "worried". And that's the last thing a leader should showcase, as he did.

Edited by incognito_man

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think you mean "non-issue". But I still couldn't disagree more. 

You're right, he was "worried". And that's the last thing a leader should showcase, as he did.

I actually meant non-starter as in doesn't move the needle. 

Coaches are always worried. It's the nature of the business. They actually do all the worrying for the players. Thinking of all the things that could go wrong, planning contingencies. 

I took this more as a hit piece than real journalism, but to each their own. 

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I actually meant non-starter as in doesn't move the needle. 

Coaches are always worried. It's the nature of the business. They actually do all the worrying for the players. Thinking of all the things that could go wrong, planning contingencies. 

I took this more as a hit piece than real journalism, but to each their own. 

Methinks you should Google what "non-starter" actually means :)

And yes, leaders are often concerned. But "worrying" is for reactionaries. And showcasing worry is an enormous sign of weakness and insecurity. 

that's why this is an issue. Even bigger than the single example of a London game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Methinks you should Google what "non-starter" actually means :)

And yes, leaders are often concerned. But "worrying" is for reactionaries. And showcasing worry is an enormous sign of weakness and insecurity. 

that's why this is an issue. Even bigger than the single example of a London game.

Difference of opinion. This is another over-reaction by Packer fans. Which is the norm when they lose a game they shouldn't.

FYI, plenty of other examples of me over-reacting in other threads. 

MFL is 42 - 12! I think his record is proof enough. 

Pretty sure I used nonstarter exactly how I wanted to other than the hyphen was not needed. This issue that you raise is a nonstarter. 

Definition of nonstarter

1: one that does not start
Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Difference of opinion. This is another over-reaction by Packer fans. Which is the norm when they lose a game they shouldn't.

Is that MLF's twin brother?

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

The real overreaction comes from those who blindly dismiss ANY criticism of MLF. It is decidedly not an overreaction to acknowledge the weaknesses he does display. This is evident by your last sentence. I'm very much on record numerous times singing MLFs praises and recognize his achievements to date. He's been an historically excellent regular season HC to start his career. 

Nevertheless, this peek into his mindset when facing adversity and out of his comfort zone is worrisome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I mean was Jones even on the field for either play? Dillon was the lone back on 3rd and 4th. Can't remember if Jones was split out but I'm not sure he was even in the game. 

Watching it live he was on 4th and then during like a TV timeout or something they called him off the field for a WR I think.