What do the Seahawks do with DEN's 1st and 2nd rounders?

NudeTayne

Polls  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should John Harbaugh be on the hot seat?

• You're darn tootin'
    • It depends. It's complicated.
  2. 2. @tayneinthehouse Geno goes for 5000 yards (guaranteed). What do you do if you're Seattle with the #1 overall pick from DEN?

• Trade down for the haul
    • CJ Stroud
    • Will Anderson
    • Other QB
    • Other non-QB

What if Geno continues his Cordarelle-like ascension? Do they grab Will Anderson? Trade down for the haul? 

Remember when folks were saying Pete Carroll was a relic being propped up by the spicy one?

Seattle has two first rounders and two second rounders. Next year is gonna be an interesting draft. 

lSETc8S.gif

Edited by NudeTayne

56 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think what Geno is doing is sustainable, but if the Seahawks feel like it is then I think you trade down, take the haul and load up on the draft capital that you've lost during the Jamal Adams trade and try to regain some future building blocks.

With Carroll's age, it might be smartest to trade down and stock up for a post-Pete near future. Frankly, I think Carroll can squeeze 75 year old reserve scotch from a turnip. But his shelf life is limited. 

A new HC, a few building blocks in place, and a boatload of draft capital wouldn't be a bad place to start for the Seahawks, given they've also been able to unload some cap space in the process. 

• Like 1

If there isn’t a QB or player they’re in love with trade down, gain extra capital for next years draft and keep building up that roster. Kind of what Philly has been doing the last couple years. You could easily turn the 2 1st rounders this year, into 2 first rounders this year and next. 

Their offense is pretty much set with their WRs, TEs, OL and RBs. 

The Seahawks could have a real team here in a couple years. 

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2

If you can get Stroud, Young, or Levis you take them. 

If Geno keeps playing well you’re able to sit them for a year and then use the rest of the picks to continue building around the team. 

The likelihood you’re in a position to draft a QB prospect better than one of those 3 guys is very slim. You can control who’s coming out for what pick you’ve got. All 3 of those guys are legit prospects. 

If you can’t get one of the try getting a guy third round or later and see what happens. Kinda like Malik Willis or Ridder this year. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 1:59 PM, brownie man said:

If you can get Stroud, Young, or Levis you take them. 

If Geno keeps playing well you’re able to sit them for a year and then use the rest of the picks to continue building around the team. 

The likelihood you’re in a position to draft a QB prospect better than one of those 3 guys is very slim. You can control who’s coming out for what pick you’ve got. All 3 of those guys are legit prospects. 

If you can’t get one of the try getting a guy third round or later and see what happens. Kinda like Malik Willis or Ridder this year. 

I don't think third rounders are anything more than a dart throw in general, but there might be some guys worth taking a shot at later on in the next draft. 

I like Stroud lot, but I could see them getting a guy even if Geno keeps balling out. He's not likely in the long-term plans, though it's been fun to watch.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:53 PM, NudeTayne said:

Which QB(s) would you consider at #1?

Honestly haven't follow college football yet, Bryce Young will probably go number 1, Stroud might be a possibility

Anyway if you can find a QB he will have a strong OL and skill players, i like the rebuild so far.