Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

The discouraging part of this conversation is that watching the GB defense get lit up by a Danny DeVito led Giants offense a week from today seems like a perfectly believable scenario.

That's why....it's time for a change then.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The discouraging part of this conversation is that watching the GB defense get lit up by a Danny DeVito led Giants offense a week from today seems like a perfectly believable scenario.

If you're patient and can run the ball, any QB can move the ball on a Fangio defense. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

All quarterbacks suck.

Literally everyone on that list outside of Ridder and Rypien is a first round pick, a SuperBowl starter, or a ProBowler. 

No kidding.  The "they haven't played any good QB's" argument falls flat when there are so few competent QB's.  Based on QBR, GB just played three of the league's top 10 QB's (2 top 5) in succession, and beat all of them.

• Like 1

I guess Mahomes was just too incompetent to find all those wide open guys last night.

Patrick Mahomes
C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD  INT   SACKS  QBR    RTG
21/33    210    6.4     1     1       3-21      53.7    79.1

Edited by Mazrimiv

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I guess Mahomes was just too incompetent to find all those wide open guys last night.

Must've missed 3rd and 18, 3rd and 11. Noah Gray's touchdown. Kelce. etc.

Regardless, I've wasted enough keystrokes on Joe ******* Barry today (and for my entire god damn life). If this is what y'all are good with well then have fun.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In any ranking, is it easier to go from 28-18 or 18-8?

My guess is we'll stay right around 16-20. If that's good enough for you, so be it.

i don't understand why you're so defensive lol

"good enough for me"

like obviously I've been a huge Barry critic, and no, that's not good enough

but the reality is he's had this defense playing VERY WELL lately, and it's stupid to ignore that.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Regardless, I've wasted enough strokes on Joe ******* Barry today (and for my entire god damn life). If this is what y'all are good with well then have fun.

Fixed🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Rainmaker90

32 minutes ago, Striker said:

Well, the "eye test"/matchup based positional analysis/whatever you want to call it based way of looking at things also pointed out the major flaws with the #7 DVOA Lions, which were what doomed them vs. the #17 DVOA Packers on Thanksgiving (bad secondary getting exposed if the opposing OL holds up, Jared Goff).

It's a useful tool that can get you close to predicting outcomes, but it's not the end all be all. 

it's 100% a snapshot of results. that's it. doesn't pretend to be anything else.

it just means that "up to this point, team [x] has played [this well]"

and over the last few weeks, our defense has played quite well

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Regardless, I've wasted enough keystrokes on Joe ******* Barry today (and for my entire god damn life). If this is what y'all are good with well then have fun.

You must have missed where Mahomes had under 200 yards passing with a minute left in the game, yet according to you had guys running wide open all night.  It just seems so odd that the KC offense didn't take better advantage of those wide open guys.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

You must have missed where Mahomes had under 200 yards passing with a minute left in the game, yet according to you had guys running wide open all night.

Find me where I said that guys were wide open all night. I've constantly harped 3rd downs. You know why Mahomes had under 200 yards before the 4th quarter? Because they averaged 5.9 yards per ******* carry.

Edited by beekay414

32 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It is though. It’s 1 method. How it collects its data doesn’t change the fact that it’s one means of measuring. Youre looking at one means of assessment and that’s pretty frowned upon anywhere else. I’m not saying don’t use it, but there has to be more. 

who frowns on it and why should we care about them?

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i don't understand why you're so defensive lol

"good enough for me"

like obviously I've been a huge Barry critic, and no, that's not good enough

but the reality is he's had this defense playing VERY WELL lately, and it's stupid to ignore that.

The thread isn't about the last 4 weeks, it's about keeping the DC or not. The defense has been better the last month, that was a low hurdle to clear. Hasn't been anything close to the stretch Barry had in Oct/Nov of 2021.