Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If Matt LaFleur felt a qualified replacement existed, he would be gone.

It's really so simple it pains me so many can't figure it out.

completely agree here, just not certain that LaFleur previously understood how poorly he set up his *inexperienced* defensive coaching staff...dud should be pacing the floor right now muttering..."wtf did i do...?"

10 minutes ago, DamSamn said:

completely agree here, just not certain that LaFleur previously understood how poorly he set up his *inexperienced* defensive coaching staff...dud should be pacing the floor right now muttering..."wtf did i do...?"

No. What he should be doing...if he hasnt started this process already...is accumulating potential candidates to replace Barry after the season. Pacing & muttering aren't constructive in any way.

49 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want him gone out of principle but idk why people are getting so worked up that they didn’t can him and do interim with 3 games left. The whole defensive staff is booty hole and needs to go too. Not just Barry. How many years has the run defense sucked with Montgomery who is viewed as his in season successor if they canned Barry? 

holy cripes...this is the answer right here...anybody thinking Montgomery should be the interim should look at D line stats since he's been here...how in the hell is he still on this staff...

Green Bay Packers (2015–2017)
Defensive front assistant

Green Bay Packers (2018–2021)
Defensive line coach

Green Bay Packers (2022–present)
Defensive line coach & running game coordinator

which one of you did this?...this is hateful, but i did laugh...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matt LaFleur

Green Bay Packers
Position: Head coach
Personal information
Born: November 3, 1979 (age 44)[1]
Mount Pleasant, Michigan, U.S.
Career information
High school: Mount Pleasant (MI)
  Western Michigan (1998–1999)
Saginaw Valley State (2000–2002)

Matthew Patrick LaFleur (/ləˈflər/ lə-FLOO-ər;[2] born November 3, 1979[1]) is an American football coach who is the head coach for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL) and Joe Barry is his homosexual lover. He has served as the quarterback coach of the Washington Commanders, Notre Dame, and the Atlanta Falcons and has been the offensive coordinator for the Los Angeles Rams and the Tennessee Titans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's on staff for the rest of the season, just like every other coach in the NFL, and their fates are all decided upon the conclusion of the season.

After the last 2 games of watching Joe Barry's defense being the worst in the NFL, I wanted his arse fired.  It's frustrating, embarrassing and "I told you so" after last years showing from his squad.  That being said, I've calmed down enough to understand keeping him for the last 3 games (they aren't making the playoffs with him in charge).  However, if MLF renews his expiring contract to remain, I will be the 1st one in line for the firing of MLF ... Book it. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly relieved by the past 2 weeks. If I thought the Packers had a legitimate shot to even get to the Super Bowl this year, yeah I'd be mad as any of you. But I was getting a little nervous during the 3 game win streak that Barry might weasel his way into sticking around. That would have been a disaster. This implosion against the Giants and Bucs is a blessing and we'll all reap the rewards next year.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I mean I have no doubt it probably is a problem but its odd considering their should be someone you know.... maybe coordinating the defense. Maybe someone with years on the job coordinating the same defense. I don't know maybe they can create a position like "Coordinator of Defense" or something that could help with the communication. 

If you are still having communication issues a week before Christmas perhaps the issue is with your assistants, Matt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BluePacker said:

Wait, wait, I can do this one too! "At this point MLF's loyalty and dedication to a hugely underperforming DC and one who has lost his players is so obvious it pains me you can't figure that out."

Again... what is there to be lost by making the move? Barry obviously isn't getting it done and isn't going to get it done. For frigging sake, we just made a 3rd string Giants QB look all pro and allowed a bust of a first round pick QB on his 4th team set a record as the first QB with a perfect QB rating at Lambeau. 

I cannot not understand anyone's willingness to defend keeping Barry on at this point. You keep retreading the "but nobody else..." chant without providing any positive to keeping Barry. Just yuck.

If Matt is sticking with Barry until January because he doesn't feel he has a better option in the other assistants that tells me it isn't just the DC that is underperforming on D.  It speaks volumes on the assistants.  Did MLF or Barry hire/recommend the D assistants?

13 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I take it that LaFleur must feel that the players are still on board with Barry despite the sometimes awful performances.  Pretty sure that if he thought Barry had lost the room he would be gone already.  I don't agree with keeping him around if he's dead man walking, but hopefully LaFleur has the pulse of his team and knows what's best. 

What happens if the Packers win three straight, and actually make the playoffs. What if they win a playoff game? Would he sign up for more of Barry in '24.  I wouldn't be surprised.  

Then we better hope Carolina smokes us on Sunday.  😉

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

Does MLF actually know what Barry is/ isn't capable of?  Wasn't it last year that MLF had to increase his involvement in the defensive side of things?

Repeating things and expecting a different result.

The definition of insanity.  🥴

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Did we keep Gute this week? Did KC keep Reid? There's an option for anyone to not be on a staff tomorrow. No one words it that way.

This is ridiculous, when you keep a coach it means he's staying on for another year. Joe Barry's contract wasn't terminated today, so he'll most likely coach 3 more games and then his time here is over.

You shouldn't use Reid as an example in your post.  

Having no back-up playcaller on defense is an incredible lack of judgement on Lafleur and/or whoever put that coaching staff together.

What would happen if your DC gets sick or is out for whatever reason unrelated to football? Life can happen, and fast. 

Key positions requires, at least, one back up. That’s like management 101. 

• Like 1