Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

15 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I’d just love a scenario where LaFleur sticks to his stupid Nerf guns and shows that overrated loyalty BS and says at the end of the year, “Nope, I believe in Barry,” only for Gute to be like, “Okay, take him with you you’re fired.”

Because if LaFleur doesn’t move on, he’s culpable.

They're holding player meetings in Green Bay.

I see no way Barry is extended another contract. None. Some will say the time has past....but it most certainly will be coming IMO.

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

They're holding player meetings in Green Bay.

When was this?

I will say things so seem different this year. Seems like it’s finally clicked with everybody what I’ve been saying since the minute we hired a coach who had only managed to be average or the worst at what he coached.

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

When was this?

I will say things so seem different this year. Seems like it’s finally clicked with everybody what I’ve been saying since the minute we hired a coach who had only managed to be average or the worst at what he coached.

over 50% of people on this board have hated that hire since the day it happened

the other 50% were cautiously optimistic for about 2 seconds and then joined them

• Like 8

Just now, incognito_man said:

over 50% of people on this board have hated that hire since the day it happened

the other 50% were cautiously optimistic for about 2 seconds and then joined them

I’ve been the most vocal and I have never wavered. Lots of people kept pointing out how he went streaks and maybe he wasn’t that bad. Lots of people blamed our players. I’ve placed the blame squarely on Barry since the day he was hired.

• Like 1

Just now, MacReady said:

I’ve been the most vocal and I have never wavered. Lots of people kept pointing out how he went streaks and maybe he wasn’t that bad. Lots of people blamed our players. I’ve placed the blame squarely on Barry since the day he was hired.

yeah, that's been a very popular opinion both on here and generally for GB fans

blaming the DC has been a standard position for decades, actually

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

When was this?

Also, there wasn't a "players meeting". LaFleur held an "open forum" with players about the defense.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, but they keep everything in front of them at first.  

I never said we wouldn't whiff on the tackle.  Cuz we do.  Early and often and many times, multiple guys whiff on tackles on the same play.

"Keeping everything in front of you" is only situationally effective. You can't use that as a base defense, and even in the right situation it fails to be effective when the player proceeds to miss the tackle and thus allowing the big play anyway. 

The blame goes to both coaches and players. Coaches for using it incorrectly and not making sure players understand the execution of it; Players for not executing correctly. 

14 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

"Keeping everything in front of you" is only situationally effective. You can't use that as a base defense, and even in the right situation it fails to be effective when the player proceeds to miss the tackle and thus allowing the big play anyway. 

The blame goes to both coaches and players. Coaches for using it incorrectly and not making sure players understand the execution of it; Players for not executing correctly. 

Again, would it have helped had I made the original post in green

And since I don't recognize your screen name, I suggest you proceed with extreme caution when looking at the Christian Watson thread, or anything I say regarding Watson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Again, would it have helped had I made the original post in green

And since I don't recognize your screen name, I suggest you proceed with extreme caution when looking at the Christian Watson thread, or anything I say regarding Watson.

I'm actually color blind, so no on the green. Not sure what you are trying to get at with the rest of this post, thought it was a Barry thread?