Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Man, I can’t even imagine what our current locker room is like. With all these people from former players to even former Packers players eviscerating Barry, I can’t imagine what our current defensive players are saying about him.

I’m actually a little bit scared about this coming game. It could get ugly. If Barry lost the defense, if LaFleur lost the defense, that crap doesn’t stick to one side of the field.

Especially with how LaFleur kinda through Campbell, a team leader, under the bus to defend Barry, I could see a scenario where the final three games go up in flames.

I think Monday was the day to make a move on Barry. If for nothing other than to save face with the rest of the team to make sure he didn’t lose the locker.

It’s definitely not how the Packers do things, but if we tank the rest of the season, I’d say there’s a 10% chance LaFleur is a surprise firing. And if our team comes out flat the final three games, it would be a clear indication that the locker is lost.

Going to be a very interesting final three games.

If we all want Barry shown the door then perhaps having another ugly defensive showing in Charlotte will finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back and MLF will be forced to make a change.

19 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If we all want Barry shown the door then perhaps having another ugly defensive showing in Charlotte will finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back and MLF will be forced to make a change.

The problem is Carolina is really, really, really bad offensively. What if the GB defense pitches a shut out?

32 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I think our ST is better now than it was.  Kicking league wide is shaky at best and besides the muff by Nixon last week punts and kicks are not the adventure they once were.  In the past it was almost a given someone would be holding on ST on every kick/punt.  We have a ways to go for sure but IMO the arrow is pointing up.

It would be great if they didn't lead the league this year in special team penalties.  They come at very bad times .. each penalty is bad in itself.  

Edited by coachbuns
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BluePacker said:

The problem is Carolina is really, really, really bad offensively. What if the GB defense pitches a shut out?

So are the Gmen and we let them run wild.   

I hope Carolina runs wild then Matt will be forced to make a change this offseason.  I fear a beat down by the Panthers will finally make Matt dump Barry.  🙁

Edited by Pugger

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

So are the Gmen and we let them run wild.   

I almost hope we don't pitch a shut out cuz then Matt will not make a change this offseason.

If 3 games are enough to convince Lafleur he doesn’t need to make a move at DC, we’ll know for sure the packers need to move on from him in order to win another sb. 

As long as Barry is the DC, it’ll be nothing but wasted time. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

When you say you want an ‘attack dog’ do you mean someone who blitzes a ton or someone who lets their guys compete?

I don’t mind not being a blitz heavy team, but I damn sure want my CBs to compete with the WRs and not allow them to get easy gains. I also don’t want to be light in the box vs obvious rush downs or obvious rushing teams 

Someone who defends every inch of ground. Barry is perfectly fine with teams dinking and dunking their way down the field. We sit back and hope for a mistake. I want somebody who is not going to allow a team to run the ball down our throats. I want a guy who is going to play aggressive knowing his guys may get beat once in a while but more often than not we are going to win those battles. 

Those are the defenses who cause the most turnovers. Those are the defenses who force a lot of punts. 

I am so sick of six in the box letting teams run it down our throats and at the same time having CB's lined up 10 years off their man. It's infuriating. 

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Man, I can’t even imagine what our current locker room is like. With all these people from former players to even former Packers players eviscerating Barry, I can’t imagine what our current defensive players are saying about him.

I’m actually a little bit scared about this coming game. It could get ugly. If Barry lost the defense, if LaFleur lost the defense, that crap doesn’t stick to one side of the field.

Especially with how LaFleur kinda through Campbell, a team leader, under the bus to defend Barry, I could see a scenario where the final three games go up in flames.

I think Monday was the day to make a move on Barry. If for nothing other than to save face with the rest of the team to make sure he didn’t lose the locker.

It’s definitely not how the Packers do things, but if we tank the rest of the season, I’d say there’s a 10% chance LaFleur is a surprise firing. And if our team comes out flat the final three games, it would be a clear indication that the locker is lost.

Going to be a very interesting final three games.

Monday was absolutely the day to ****can Barry. MLF doesn't have the stones for it. 

• Like 1