Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There was nothing wrong with it, just whining for the sake of whining. Pathetic was your original word choice, I have no idea how you come to that conclusion. 

They beat the worst team in the NFL by 3 points, it shouldnt be a pumped locker room.

They beat the worst team in the NFL by 3 points and the reason why MLF wasn't spirited is because the reason WHY they only won by 3 is his fault and he knows it. This isn't rocket science. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For most of the fan base, anything MLF says that falls short of firing Barry is lame.  It's also cause for MLF to be fired.

I do think if LaFleur tries to sell the idea of bringing Barry back to Murphy and Gute, he's going to face some resistance.  If LaFleur is ready to die on that hill for Barry, then he could find himself out of a job.  I don't think that will happen, but that is the one scenario where I do think it's possible.  There are a lot of sharp offensive minds that can pick this thing up and run with it post LaFleur.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I do think if LaFleur tries to sell the idea of bringing Barry back to Murphy and Gute, he's going to face some resistance.  If LaFleur is ready to die on that hill for Barry, then he could find himself out of a job.  I don't think that will happen, but that is the one scenario where I do think it's possible.  There are a lot of sharp offensive minds that can pick this thing up and run with it post LaFleur.

We are talking about two different things.  It's a given that everyone expects Barry to be fired after the season.  A significant chunk of the fan base seems to want MLF fired because he hasn't already fired Barry, and isn't throwing Barry under the bus in his press conferences.  All bets are off if MLF wants to retain Barry for another season.  Everyone will be calling for MLF's job if Barry is still the DC two weeks after GB's season ends.

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I dont disagree with this except would Gutekunst want to switch to a new HC/ OC and risk how that impacts the development of Love?.

I think that Love <-> MLF gets MLF more slack for 2024 amd maybe 2025.

Just now, squire12 said:

I dont disagree with this except would Gutekunst want to switch to a new HC/ OC and risk how that impacts the development of Love?.

I think that Love <-> MLF gets MLF more slack for 2024 amd maybe 2025.

Yep, no doubt about it. I think that slack is all gone if he thinks he's bringing back Barry though. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Defense is mostly an attitude thing, and if your guys don't have hot piss to stop the other team from getting yards, there is not a single call that will work on the sheet.

This ^

I eagerly look forward to having such a defense. It's been quite awhile IMO.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yep, no doubt about it. I think that slack is all gone if he thinks he's bringing back Barry though. 

That would be a very interesting dynamic.  

Gutekunst wanting Barry out, but MLF to continue with Love for continuity sake.  MLF wanting Barry as DC.

Defensive players wanting Barry out.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe he will get the axe on Tuesday?  Wishful thinking probably.  LaFleur gave the players off until Wednesday, so maybe there's going to be a bloody Tuesday in GB. 

Hate wishing a guy loses his job on Christmas day, but for Joe, I'm making an exception. Tuesday is fine though. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hate wishing a guy loses his job on Christmas day, but for Joe, I'm making an exception. Tuesday is fine though. 

MLF could cement his place in Packers history by calling a press conf today and showing up dressed as Santa to announce the Barry firing as a gift to all Packers fans.  Opportunity lost.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2