State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Makes no sense to sign a non elite(anymore) 31 year old WR to a big $$$ long term deal right now.

long term wasn't what I thought, but it's probably what hopkins is waiting for.  Still, consider if they let johnson go and replace him with hopkins, the cap situation at that stage seems plausible. 

This was a good year for Edge in UFA , or was it? For some reason there are still lots of Vets available. Golden was a good signing, but I am shocked that many of the others are still available.  

On 5/30/2023 at 7:43 AM, AFF said:

Makes no sense to sign a non elite(anymore) 31 year old WR to a big $$$ long term deal right now.

Id still take Hopkins in a heartbeat, but no...not for the contract he will likely want.

He might be willing to take slightly less to play with a top team or QB...but we cant offer either right now.  

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Id still take Hopkins in a heartbeat, but no...not for the contract he will likely want.

He might be willing to take slightly less to play with a top team or QB...but we cant offer either right now.  

Yea he’s the move you make if you’re 1 or 2 guys away from a major SB run…the Steelers clearly aren’t there yet.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 8:40 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Do you guys know what the conditions were for the Jesse Davis trade?

Minnesota might get your 2025 7th round pick but I'm not sure if the conditions were met or not. I don't think anyone in our forum knows either lol

I am guessing not as he played in only 58 snaps in 2022.  I report I read is that the Steelers basically got him for free.

• Like 1

Not using this tweet for any specific reason other than to share that Nate Tice is doing a Steelers deep dive over the past two days. Very interested to see what he and Mays will have to say soon on a pod about the Steelers offense. It's something they admitted to just basically ignoring in the end of the year and not liking Canada. Curious to see what they come away with from the second half. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Not using this tweet for any specific reason other than to share that Nate Tice is doing a Steelers deep dive over the past two days. Very interested to see what he and Mays will have to say soon on a pod about the Steelers offense. It's something they admitted to just basically ignoring in the end of the year and not liking Canada. Curious to see what they come away with from the second half. 

I don’t listen to sports podcasts, but I’d love a summary when it happens! It sounds like it could be really interesting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t listen to sports podcasts

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tu9n21hyhfzug60vr5

Mays and Tice are probably my favorite. They are absolute football nerds who you could never claim are underprepared for any argument. Tice has been talking about deep diving the Steelers offense for a while because the stats/eye test didn't match the end of last season and how he likes a lot of the players. I've been looking forward to it for so long. He will be detailed and thorough. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t listen to sports podcasts, but I’d love a summary when it happens! It sounds like it could be really interesting.

you're missing out

they're some really good football related podcasts that are just 45 to hr long per episode.

Edited by August4th

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

just 45 to hr long per episode.

Hear me out....

Listen on 2x speed. Completely changed my life. I was shocked when I accidentally did it once. I thought the people would sound like chipmunks and you wouldn't be able to understand anything. Just sounds like people that talk fast, but it really helped me keep listening to pods despite my lack of drive time now. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Hear me out....

Listen on 2x speed. Completely changed my life. I was shocked when I accidentally did it once. I thought the people would sound like chipmunks and you wouldn't be able to understand anything. Just sounds like people that talk fast, but it really helped me keep listening to pods despite my lack of drive time now. 

I'm gonna try that...especially with the 2+ hr long podcasts

so many episodes I did not finish just because I was not driving or in my car long enough to finish. I knock a lot out when I'm walking tho

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm gonna try that...especially with the 2+ hr long podcasts

so many episodes I did not finish just because I was not driving or in my car long enough to finish. I knock a lot out when I'm walking tho

I work in sales and I used to be in the car a ton. Like hour long one-way drives every day. I crushed pods. Now I work 100% remote. 2x speed really helped me get back to listening to the pods I want to listen to again. Those 40 minute pods are now my morning walk with my dog. It's so clutch if you love pods but have limited time. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Hear me out....

I can handle 1.5x or even 1.75x if I’m super dialed in but 2x is just crazy…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Tice has also been super high on Jaylen Warren since preseason last year.

• Like 1