State of the Steelers

warfelg

19 minutes ago, rlon said:

That is my question…maybe a dude on day 2 from Michigan if not already on the roster.

steelcity twins want the #0 from michigan, said he is a Hilton clone, so seems about right. I was hoping they would sign Howard, any idea what he will cost?

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I think 1st round WR is defiantly a possibility

Too deep of a draft for that IMO.   Plus we still have two glaring holes on the OL.

Wouldn't rule it out, but doubtful.

• Like 1

Gonna have to do something with the OL…I was looking at some different names.

Tyron Smith….old yes but supposedly still played pretty well last year.

25 minutes ago, AFF said:

Gonna have to do something with the OL…I was looking at some different names.

Tyron Smith….old yes but supposedly still played pretty well last year.

I was wondering if he could be Flozell Adams 2.0.

Even if we could get a year from him, that could work.

• Like 1

Id like to see us get....

OT (Tyron is an option)

WR (we absolutely need another decent vet, even if we draft someone.   Not sure who, though)

S (maybe bring back Edmunds?   Should be cheap is a decent compliment to Minkah)

CB (resign Wallace?   maybe Steven Nelson could come back?)

DL (It depends on Ogunjobi.  I hope we reolace him, but if we keep him, just draft someone)

Then, the only glaring need going into the draft is center, and they could CONCEIVABLY slide Daniels over if absolutely needed.  

9 hours ago, rlon said:

That is my question…maybe a dude on day 2 from Michigan if not already on the roster.

I presume you're thinking of Mike Sainristil

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Too deep of a draft for that IMO.   Plus we still have two glaring holes on the OL.

Wouldn't rule it out, but doubtful.

The draft is deep in WR and OTs

Remember if you get a rookie WR, unless they can run good routes already, it will take them a while to make a difference.  To me you look at Worthy(texas), Conkley(Georgia), Odunze(Wash), maybe Pearsall(Flor), Troy Frankland(Org)

While Thomas is very intriguing, he is roughly the same as Pickens.  Very limited route tree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The draft is deep in WR and OTs

Remember if you get a rookie WR, unless they can run good routes already, it will take them a while to make a difference.  To me you look at Worthy(texas), Conkley(Georgia), Odunze(Wash), maybe Pearsall(Flor), Troy Frankland(Org)

While Thomas is very intriguing, he is roughly the same as Pickens.  Very limited route tree.

We’re gonna sign Tyler Boyd today. Good enough to start at WR2 for half to a full year, but then can play slot at a high level. Call it gut feeling bot Boyd and a S are signed today.