State of the Steelers

warfelg

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

There seems to be a growing steam that JC Latham is going to be the first OT to go at 5. 

That's crazy to me. You don't draft for ceiling in the top 5. Take the solid player with the high floor that can grow. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

LAC. 

I think it is BS.  Take one of the WR that is there.  Why settle for a Rt only player at 5 when you have some generational talent at WR that will be there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think it is BS.  Take one of the WR that is there.  Why settle for a Rt only player at 5 when you have some generational talent at WR that will be there.

It’s two of the more plugged in guys on this stuff with Daniel Jeremiah and Peter Schager reporting this. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

It’s two of the more plugged in guys on this stuff with Daniel Jeremiah and Peter Schager reporting this. 

I will believe it when I see it as I think there is a lot of click bait now and smokescreens

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

I will believe it when I see it as I think there is a lot of click bait now and smokescreens

I don’t think it is. Their current RT is not a good run blocker, Harbaugh wants to run it, WR is deep, and the OL overall there stinks. 

8 hours ago, AFF said:

@Ward4HOF and @bigben07MVP…yes Queens contract was the highest but that’s because the Steelers rarely dip their toes in the higher levels of FA.

They can right now(hence the possible Aiyuk deal) and probably will again next offseason.

So…wouldn’t a Sutton or Aiyuk trade count as that “1-2 more Queen level signings” that you are clamoring for…?

Maybe just a little patience is required. Maybe Omar has a plan. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

So…wouldn’t a Sutton or Aiyuk trade count as that “1-2 more Queen level signings” that you are clamoring for…?

Maybe just a little patience is required. Maybe Omar has a plan. 

I said Aiyuk definitely would be one of those.

Sutton not quite because he’s 29 and pretty much only a 2 year deal(but cheaper compensation wise)…but I wouldn’t hate it.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

I said Aiyuk definitely would be one of those.

Sutton not quite because he’s 29 and pretty much only a 2 year deal(but cheaper compensation wise)…but I wouldn’t hate it.

Aiyuk should count for 3 😅 He’s the centerpiece of an offense that you can build around. I want to see them do it just because it will be proof Rooney/Omar aren’t messing around. If we leave the draft with Aiyuk and one of the top 3 centers I don’t really care what else they do. You just don’t see receivers of his caliber at his age become available all that often. Not to mention he’s build in a lab for Arthur Smith’s offense and to be a mentor for GP. And if it comes for less than a 1st we should throw a parade.

With that being said I won’t be too disappointed at all if it’s Sutton for a day 3 pick.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Aiyuk should count for 3 😅 He’s the centerpiece of an offense that you can build around. I want to see them do it just because it will be proof Rooney/Omar aren’t messing around. If we leave the draft with Aiyuk and one of the top 3 centers I don’t really care what else they do. You just don’t see receivers of his caliber at his age become available all that often. Not to mention he’s build in a lab for Arthur Smith’s offense and to be a mentor for GP. And if it comes for less than a 1st we should throw a parade.

With that being said I won’t be too disappointed at all if it’s Sutton for a day 3 pick.

Oh I’m a huge fan of Aiyuk as well…especially if it’s not with a 1st rounder.

I just want young pieces added on offense that can help the QB of the future going forward.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would take Alt and move Slater to the right side where (I think) he played in college. 

That’s if a trade down isn’t available. They need as many picks as they can get. 

Slater was on the left at Northwestern and was one of the NFL’s better LT’s last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Slater was on the left at Northwestern and was one of the NFL’s better LT’s last year.

Just looked it up he actually started 26 games on the right and 11 on the left at Northwestern. I also remember he was projected as a RT/OG coming out due to having shorter arms. And yes he has been dominant on the left side but I would figure it out because Alt has so much more upside than Latham (imo). 

• Like 1