State of the Steelers

warfelg

18 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

DBSZYSODWBCSVKF67EDS3YIJQM.jpg

17 hours ago, August4th said:

and that's not counting the QB's who started for us who are now back-ups elsewhere

they shouldn't be on a roster and won't in a few years. Add that to the equation . The FO really left this team in bad shape due to the last few years of drafts and UFA. 

20220815emSteelersTrainingCamp09-4-16608

21 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

With Tyler Boyd signing with the Titans for 1y 4.5mil does anyone think the Steelers ever actually made an attempt to sign him?

Yes they did. From what I understand is he shot himself in the foot. He was looking for $12-15mm. Rumors sound like we were in the $8mm area. Sounds like he played himself thinking teams would value him more because he is more plug and play than some of the rookies. 

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/peezyjr_island/status/1788158514554085647?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Talk about roster building malpractice:

You get offered a 3rd and 6th for Courtland Sutton and you say no? Sheesh. 

Am I missing something here? It wasn’t a trade offer, a writer proposed it could get it done. 

Im not sure Bleacher Reports Alex Kay has the authority to offer deals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/peezyjr_island/status/1788158514554085647?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Talk about roster building malpractice:

You get offered a 3rd and 6th for Courtland Sutton and you say no? Sheesh. 

I don't think they really wanted to move off of Sutton. They just drafted a rookie QB. Why would they trade away all their weapons?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think they really wanted to move off of Sutton. They just drafted a rookie QB. Why would they trade away all their weapons?

Sutton has been in and out of trade rumors for a while now. They still have Mims, Tim Patrick, just signed Josh Reynolds, and drafted Troy Franklin. They also have decent TEs in Trautman and Dulcic. 

But outside of that, I don’t feel like Sutton is worth a 3rd alone let alone a 3rd and 6th. At 28 soon to be 29 and needing a new contract he’s worth a 4th at best. Maybe some type of conditional pick based on performance. 

I would think of it this way: if that’s the though, why not trade Sutton for the picks and sign Michael Thomas for a cheap 1 year deal to give Nix a security blanket like that. 

Also full disclosure - I’m a huge Patrick fan and think he’s incredibly underrated. 

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I definitely think the bold makes it harder to get Sutton. He is no longer worth the value of his own play as the asset. I'd all but guarantee they would rather make sure they can set up their franchise guy than get a 3rd round pick next year. 

It's just like the Aiyuk situation for the 49ers. There's an extra premium that will need to be paid to drag him out of there. 

DK Metcalf is probably the biggest name where it makes the most sense. New coaching staff, established but non-long term QB, depth at WR with guys they like in JSN and Bobo, not contending for a super bowl (realistically anyway). 

Not too sure I want to pair DK with Pickens though. If the opinions that we were doing some roster cleansing at true, thats not the guy to target. 

3 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Seems like a camp body and help teach the offense maybe.

I see he’s taken about 125 ST snaps each of the last two years, but don’t know the context of where they came from.  Maybe he’s competition to be a gunner?