State of the Steelers

warfelg

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Don't forget, Payton said they have the next Drew Brees so they needed Sutton. 

I read something where another scout said his team (who needed a QB) had Nix rated as a 3rd round pick.

54 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/05/schefter-steelers-signing-veteran-wr-scotty-miller/

Woo hoo, another #4/5 WR signed. Just what we need 😂

if Miller is a good slot WR, then Wilson will be WR2 outside more often.  Maybe not the WR2 everyone wants, but the elite WR's might be requiring too much in a trade.  See what happens after june 1 of course

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

That guy is one of the more annoying content creator out there. He of the constant click bait breaking news videos. I don't even follow him yet I can't escape his idiocy. I think he's linked EVERY receiver in the NFL to the Steelers 😔 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

That guy is one of the more annoying content creator out there. He of the constant click bait breaking news videos. I don't even follow him yet I can't escape his idiocy. I think he's linked EVERY receiver in the NFL to the Steelers 😔 

most of the media for the steelers are really bad, all gossip and no facts. 

5023-national-enquirer-Cover-2017-Octobe

Scotty Miller being signed just further proves they had no plan at WR beyond getting rid of Diontae Johnson, likely because he was becoming a locker room cancer. They now need Wilson to be the guy they believe he is because as of right now, we got 3-4 guys that are training camp cut eligible if we are being honest and 1 legit WR, plus the rookie. 

11 hours ago, armsteeld said:

He’s the worst of the aggregators because he doesn’t even aggregate legit rumors, just picks random FB comments. 

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1788521693847359866?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

This is interesting from Fowler though. Almost reads like with Aiyuk, they were willing to move him but unwilling to let teams feel comfortable with what his extension price would be. 

And the Deebo part almost reads like they were close but got cold feet last minute. 

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1788521693847359866?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

This is interesting from Fowler though. Almost reads like with Aiyuk, they were willing to move him but unwilling to let teams feel comfortable with what his extension price would be. 

And the Deebo part almost reads like they were close but got cold feet last minute. 

I never expected us to trade for any of those guys.   I kind of figured it would cost more than we'd be willing to give up.

I just find it kind of funny so many people were like "I dont want Tyler Boyd"....even though he would have been much better than everything we have behind Pickens right now.

If Pickens goes down...we have nothing at WR.   I think we bring someone else in (probably another backup caliber guy), but it really looks as if they had absolutely no plan whatsoever for replacing DJ when they traded him....or at most, a bad one.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I read somewhere that Lynch overplayed his hand on Deebo and Aiyuk.  You will not get as much for them next year.  3rd at best but likely a 4th

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I read somewhere that Lynch overplayed his hand on Deebo and Aiyuk.  You will not get as much for them next year.  3rd at best but likely a 4th

at this time after the draft, would you say the team with the WR to trade has more leverage and can yield more in return than pre/during draft?

It will be interesting to see what Khan does. They might be considering moving on from GP and this WR1 trade will be for the future. GP could be the next colbert player gone , after several more I hope of course .

If they can't land the WR1 they want, what would you expect plan B to be and who will they then target to complete the roster?

Wasn’t the biggest fan of signing Boyd but IMO they missed out on Gallup at $3 mill and Boyd at $4.5 mill.

Them restructuring Highsmith to give them roughly $18.5 mill in cap room(despite the rookie class and the in season $$$ amounting to something like  $11 mill) kinda makes me think they were close to something but it fell through.