State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Lets be honest....Mahomes is that team.   Without him, they are essentially us in terms of overall quality.  

However, Jalen Hurts isnt close to Mahomes as a complete QB, but has a much more talented team around him.  He is a dynamic playmaker with his legs and can make some nice throws, but I could see him taking a step back as more teams learn how to play him.    I think Hurts will be good going forward, but I think he overachieved this year, a bit...but I digress.

Anyway, my point is....our success going forward largely depends on Kenny.   He will never be on Mahomes level, but I do think he can get to a level of a QB you can win with, especially if we can build a well rounded team like Philly.

These are major "if's" though, and likely wont happen.   Wont be shocked if the 2020's are like the 80's for us.  :/

agree with all this. Problem is, can we actually compete vs legit teams (especially KC) with canada calling the offence ?  Next year could be a waste because of canada more than anything else unless injuries get out of control.  I am alright with KC winning much more than some other teams , but it would be nice if we could get 

If you are referring to the malone era, I doubt it will get like that as long as key players are  on the field. The worst case scenario is something like TJ, KP and Minkah all going to IR, and maybe add the best OL and DT to that perhaps.  This team is going to be better  for the most part  unless they really fail the draft and UFA, which can happen. 

Probably just sit back and enjoy Mahomes become the greatest ever while getting the 3peat .  Unless he isn't playing, KC are going to be tough from here on. I think they learned a bit from losing the SB and the bengals losses, it's pert of making them even better now.    Maybe with Henne retiring the steelers can trade mitch to KC B|

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

This is a good hire for the Ravens I fear. Greg Roman was a dud, if they get Lamar some actual consistent talent at the WR position their offense could definitely take a leap next year.

Roman was a dud, and still better than Canada.

Like I said, if our offense doesn't make notable strides in 23, Tomlin 100% needs to follow Canada out the door next offseason.   Wont happen...but it needs to.

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

Roman was a dud, and still better than Canada.

Like I said, if our offense doesn't make notable strides in 23, Tomlin 100% needs to follow Canada out the door next offseason.   Wont happen...but it needs to.

thats if tomlin is to blame. Now , what if Rooney and or even KP are to blame fro canada staying? Thats the real fear in all this, the wrong person/people wanting to keep canada here.   

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

thats if tomlin is to blame. Now , what if Rooney and or even KP are to blame fro canada staying? Thats the real fear in all this, the wrong person/people wanting to keep canada here.   

Believe me, if I could fire Art II, I would.

At the end of the day, either Mike Tomlin plays a big role in how this team is run and should be held accountable OR he is a puppet who makes very few decisions, in which case he is better off leaving, as it doesn't matter who we have as head coach.

All Im saying is, if we dont see progress, something needs to change, because the current regime isnt working....unless youre content being a middling team for the foreseeable future.

Before anyone jumps on this...I AM hoping I am wrong and we see major improvements.   Id love to change my mind about Canada and Tomlin, but I see a similar season next year....3rd or 4th place in the North, inconsistent play, and an offense that is bottom 10 to 12.

If that happens, we need massive changes, especially when all we're likely to get this year are more tweaks.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Believe me, if I could fire Art II, I would.

At the end of the day, either Mike Tomlin plays a big role in how this team is run and should be held accountable OR he is a puppet who makes very few decisions, in which case he is better off leaving, as it doesn't matter who we have as head coach.

All Im saying is, if we dont see progress, something needs to change, because the current regime isnt working....unless youre content being a middling team for the foreseeable future.

Before anyone jumps on this...I AM hoping I am wrong and we see major improvements.   Id love to change my mind about Canada and Tomlin, but I see a similar season next year....3rd or 4th place in the North, inconsistent play, and an offense that is bottom 10 to 12.

If that happens, we need massive changes, especially when all we're likely to get this year are more tweaks.

If this is true..... And I believe it to be true... Why not give Khan a chance to make an impact with a legendary first class. 

DJ for a 1st and a 4th from JAX or LAC...

Then 2nd, 3rd, 3rd from MIA for that 1st.

Trade made possible by:

3rd round, 80th overall: Demario Douglas WR Liberty 

20 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

This is a good hire for the Ravens I fear. Greg Roman was a dud, if they get Lamar some actual consistent talent at the WR position their offense could definitely take a leap next year.

I think their moving on from Lamar. There I said it. 

Lamar is not a good enough passer to work in Monkens system.