2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

image?id=150554693786_image-header_pCa_1

Pittsburgh Steelers visit the Miami Dolphins @ Hard Rock Stadium 

Sunday Night Football 10/23/22 @ 8:20 pm

ff_2061640alt1_full.jpg&w=2000

There are several Steelers players who earned their Varsity Letter this past weekend.

ff_3037896_full.jpg&w=900

ps5t0bbyhhc5hcxgh5qv.jpg

Steven Simms came through with a varsity effort in the return game!

uj5ksbe83mjhuoelntgc.jpg

Arthur Maulet and James Pierre both came through with varsity efforts on defense!

fdzps237obsihs4ehfap.jpg

Chase Claypool came through with a varsity effort! He hasn't had an impact in a game like that since his rookie season.

32723ccf4bd7f95c0b7a20422a39e7d2

Mitch Tribisky came off the bench and sparked the offense in the second half with a varsity effort!

That is a recap of some of this past weekends varsity letterman!

Up next Tua, Tyreek and the explosive Dolphins offense in sunny Miami (fortunately at night under the lights).

19030941-850x560.jpeg

Tyreek has been a throne in the Steelers side in the past as a Chief. 

trfdpvzmfka1zrpxwg5v.jpg

Jalen Phillips and the dolphins defense will look to pressure Kenny or Mitch.

1427380050.jpeg

I am sure that former Steelers hostage Melvin Ingram will be looking throw a few railroad spikes at the Steelers after hopping off the Mike Tomlin moving train a few seasons ago. 

These are two teams who need wins. Dolphins looking to rebound and the Steelers looking to build off of the strong emotional effort at home. 

Edited by Steeler Hitman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Jeremy Fowler just said that Trubisky is likely going to be the starter, as the new concussion regulations make it unlikely that players will clear in 1 week.

Yea Trubisky getting the W against the Bucs was great but I’m much less excited about this game with Mitch at QB.

Was planning on going to the game, most likely won’t now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, August4th said:

so, kenny's next gm back will be @ Philly...great

I will say this…

I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Mitch regains his starting spot with a W this week. This is who they wanted to start all along and maybe the key to unlocking Mitch really was as simple as not having Kenny lurking over his shoulder. With Mason at QB2 and not being at risk of “Kenny” chants after any given turnover, I could see him playing better and less risk adverse like he did against Tampa.

Not rooting for it to happen and I don’t think it’s the most likely scenario, but it’s certainly possible if we catch a W this week and it’s not in spite of Mitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I will say this…

I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Mitch regains his starting spot with a W this week. This is who they wanted to start all along and maybe the key to unlocking Mitch really was as simple as not having Kenny lurking over his shoulder. With Mason at QB2 and not being at risk of “Kenny” chants after any given turnover, I could see him playing better and less risk adverse like he did against Tampa.

Not rooting for it to happen and I don’t think it’s the most likely scenario, but it’s certainly possible if we catch a W this week and it’s not in spite of Mitch.

QB controversy in the making 😆

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Without hesitation. Runs like this are why I wanted Etienne so bad in the draft. Our offense desperately needs this.

I was the other big Etienne guy and early on. Najee might be the better talent but Etienne is a much better fit for what we want to do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

I was the other big Etienne guy and early on. Najee might be the better talent but Etienne is a much better fit for what we want to do.

I bet pre foot injury he toasts that DB that caught him here. He was roasting people on those angles constantly at Clemson. Still explosive as hell though.

16 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I will say this…

I said early in the season that I really hoped that Pickett got to sit and learn a la Patrick Mahomes his rookie year.  For whatever reason the team didn't make the same plays and when they got something positive  penalty or something killed the drive. No doubt the chants of Kenny, Kenny got to Mitch and he played not to make a mistake. If he plays to win and not to lose, I think the offense can do some positive things. It was good to see Mitch using his legs as well. 

There is no doubt that this is Kenny's team and the first loss, the chants will come back. But I believe that Mitch is capable of leading this team and offense. He showed a lot of character, maturity, and Moxy coming back and performing off the bench against the Bucs.  Hopefully, he gets some swag from it. That is all Mitch needs right now. Understand the situation and play like it is your last game every game.  The Steelers beat two teams that on paper, they should not have.  Now start beating some that you may match up better with. 

ESPN+ article, but Fowler mentions Mason and Claypool as trade targets:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34809515/nfl-trade-deadline-2022-early-buzz-rumors-christian-mccaffrey-chase-claypool-mike-gesicki-teams-deal

A few general managers I've spoken to are certain Green Bay is looking for potential receiver help on the trade market. One player who makes sense is Pittsburgh's Chase Claypool, who multiple execs believe was available in the preseason, though at a hefty price.

Claypool is coming off a big seven-catch, 96-yard game to get back on track, so perhaps that makes him more attractive for the Steelers to keep. The rumors of his availability have persisted for a while now, though. He's a major talent whose production has declined in each of the past two years.

-----

The Steelers always have kept three quarterbacks on the active roster, but they will field calls on third-stringer Mason Rudolph if teams show interest around the deadline.

The QB market has been quiet as teams such as the Dallas Cowboys used practice-squad options to fill short-term needs. But injuries can always change the equation, and with Kenny Pickett entrenched as the starter, Rudolph would probably welcome the change. Mitch Trubisky, as a team captain, will probably stay on for the season.

Rudolph's best bet might be as a high-level backup for a West Coast team, such as the Rams (whose passing game coordinator, Zac Robinson, was an accomplished Oklahoma State quarterback like Rudolph) or the 49ers.

I am not sure who would make a move for Mason unless it's for, like, a sandwich. 

I also just don't see the Claypool trade happening, though it would be a pretty interesting look into what next off-season holds in terms of this new GM team. The Steelers way would be to just hold on for dear life and see what happens. Trading a guy like Claypool would be a far more aggressive approach, IMO. 

• Like 1