2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

Im going to say the same thing I said after we dumped Fitchner....I want an ENTIRELY new offensive staff.    I guess I am not opposed to retaining a few position coaches (OL coach deserves alot of praise, surprisingly), but I dont want ANYONE currently on this team running the offense next year.     When your offense is this laughably abysmal, I dont think it makes any sense to promote from within.

They need to do the same thing they did on defense....bring in an outside coach or two and let them do their thing.    Will it necessarily work out for the best?   No...Id rather go down swinging than maintaining the status quo.

• Like 5

part of me wonders if that duck/mason offense would of done better had they had legit coaching

not expecting them to be productive, but that unit was putrid for the whole yr..not one game had a decent showing from that offense....meanwhile we just saw a putrid bears offense put up nearly 40 pts at NE last night while we can't get 30 on accident

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Super different as in name for taking over.  Which seemed to be easily understood by @MOSteelers56.  You way overthought it if you think I was talking about the offense as a whole.

You are right, has nothing to do with you saying…

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

If you want super different then go Faulkner.  Best case he surprises you and the offense changes

Man, I’m really going fishing tonight. Sorry fellas. 

I want consistency during any mid-season turnover, not a wild swing in the dark for the hope of significantly better days. You are more likely to have consistent day-to-day l with a guy who has done it (and done it at this level) and also runs a position group that effects and is effected by all position groups. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Im going to say the same thing I said after we dumped Fitchner....I want an ENTIRELY new offensive staff.    I guess I am not opposed to retaining a few position coaches (OL coach deserves alot of praise, surprisingly), but I dont want ANYONE currently on this team running the offense next year.     When your offense is this laughably abysmal, I dont think it makes any sense to promote from within.

Agree. You can’t be this bad for this long and think tinkering is the solution or it’s simply a new system that turns it back over.  This group needs a page 1 re-write of the basics. 

I’m 50/50 on the OLine coach, but he has done a decent job. I’d like to see them keep the TE coach, though. I do think he has done some good work. Gentry has really turned into a solid player. 

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You are right, has nothing to do with you saying…

Man, I’m really going fishing tonight. Sorry fellas. 

I want consistency during any mid-season turnover, not a wild swing in the dark for the hope of significantly better days. You are more likely to have consistent day-to-day l with a guy who has done it (and done it at this level) and also runs a position group that effects and is effected by all position groups. 

You are fishing. 

Even IF Tomlin could attract a quality offensive coordinator candidate, anyone worth their salt and running their own scheme is going to want to bring their own guys with them. I seriously doubt Tomlin would even allow that. The Steelers offensive coordinator position is not very attractive. The last two guys who held the job before Canada are out of football entirely unless we count Haley coaching his local high school team as something.

The only way Tomlin digs himself out of the mess he is currently in, long term, is by admitting his mistakes and ceding his control over the offense. 

• Like 1

green going down as one of the worse picks in the colbert era. He's ending up as a player who should of been drafted as a 6th RD project and not a 3rd RD guy we put in the starting line in yr 1...what a disaster..feel bad for the kid..maybe he can get saved somewhere else 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, August4th said:

the 2019 game against Miami looks like the last good offensive game without Ben, but that Miami team was trying to tank

this looks like a dope site. I'm gonna bookmark it

Statmuse is fun. You can literally type in anything and find it. 

• Like 1