2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

Marc Stein: Updating tonight’s NBA blockbuster trade coverage: As the Nets pursue additional deals before Thursday’s 3 PM ET trade buzzer, league sources say they have not ruled out potentially moving Spencer Dinwiddie elsewhere.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I would imagine so.

He has a good supporting cast, but no star teammate. His next move will be interesting. Brooklyn does have enough draft capital and intriguing young players to at least enter the market to trade for a borderline star player now.

Yeah the cast is good and the defensive potential is as good as we’ve ever have. We got shot creators in Seth, Dindwiddie and to a lesser extent Cam Thomas but those 3 combined still don’t stack up to what Kyrie can do. You’re right though we have enough pieces to flip for another star potentially but who though? FVV maybe?

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah the cast is good and the defensive potential is as good as we’ve ever have. We got shot creators in Seth, Dindwiddie and to a lesser extent Cam Thomas but those 3 combined still don’t stack up to what Kyrie can do. You’re right though we have enough pieces to flip for another star potentially but who though? FVV maybe?

The Raptors / Nets apparently have had some discussions about Ben Simmons / OG. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

There better be hella picks going to Toronto in that potential package. Simmons and Barnes together would be hilarious.

I'm not a fan of the fit either but I read the Raptors have remained interested in Simmons since last offseason. Not sure how they'd be able to make it work financially though.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That is a super dumb trade if they don't extend him.

I disagree. The worst case scenario is it became a nice salary dump of overpaid players and cleared up some cap space. They could clear up max cap space money if they can dump Bertans. I think extending Kyrie is a death sentence. See if you can make a run at it this year and then give yourself some flexibility. They also have the option to SnT him to LAC or LAL. 

Just now, Kingram said:

I disagree. The worst case scenario is it became a nice salary dump of overpaid players and cleared up some cap space. They could clear up max cap space money if they can dump Bertans. I think extending Kyrie is a death sentence. See if you can make a run at it this year and then give yourself some flexibility. They also have the option to SnT him to LAC or LAL. 

So they traded 2 starters and 3 picks for cap space? That's a horrible trade.