2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What could the Lakers have offered? Dinwiddie is hooping this year.

Shams reported that that the Lakers would have needed to include not only their 2 FRPs, but also Max Christie, Austin Reaves, and multiple pick swaps for the Lakers to even consider it.  According to Marc Stein, Joe Tsai had told the FO that they weren't trading him to the Lakers.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Shams reported that that the Lakers would have needed to include not only their 2 FRPs, but also Max Christie, Austin Reaves, and multiple pick swaps for the Lakers to even consider it.  According to Marc Stein, Joe Tsai had told the FO that they weren't trading him to the Lakers.

Reaves/Christie don't help the Nets at all, Dinwiddie / DFS both do.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reaves/Christie don't help the Nets at all, Dinwiddie / DFS both do.

That's a given.  I also think it's potentially a very short-sighted move.  This move reeks of desperation by the Nets to convince KD not to make another trade demand this offseason.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's a given.  I also think it's potentially a very short-sighted move.  This move reeks of desperation by the Nets to convince KD not to make another trade demand this offseason.

It might be but they got a starting PG / another 3&D wing that gives them more size and versatility to continue their pursuit of a ring this season. No one the Lakers could've offered help them now so they basically sacrificed a FRP for two guys that are immediately rotational guys for them. 

Even if KD demands a trade this summer it's going to be difficult unless they're willing to lower their asking price.

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Worth the risk. Dallas has been screwing over their star players for years. They never got dirk a second star and finally had a chance to give luka one. Had to do it. 

This is why they hired Nico Collins, to attract another star, I'm assuming he has a good relationship with Kyrie too.