2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

Just now, seminoles1 said:

So they traded 2 starters and 3 picks for cap space? That's a horrible trade.

I mean, 2nd round pick are useless. Dinwiddie is meh and overpaid. DFS borderline overpaid. I'm saying worst case scenario they gave themselves flexibility. The current roster construction was awful and gave them zero flexibility. 

Just now, Kingram said:

I mean, 2nd round pick are useless. Dinwiddie is meh and overpaid. DFS borderline overpaid. I'm saying worst case scenario they gave themselves flexibility. The current roster construction was awful and gave them zero flexibility. 

Yeah I'm always amazed when I look at their team payroll, a bunch of terrible contracts. 

Just now, Kingram said:

2nd round picks are no longer useless. Dallas should know: they used a 2nd round pick on Jalen Brunson.

Dinwiddie is having a good season. Not overpaid for what he's put on the court so far.

That worst case scenario is really bad, though. Dallas has whiffed on FA after FA the last 10 years, so putting all these chips in for only 3 months of Kyrie would be a disaster. What free agent can they sign this summer that'd be worth losing 2 starters and 3 picks?

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

2nd round picks are no longer useless. Dallas should know: they used a 2nd round pick on Jalen Brunson.

Dinwiddie is having a good season. Not overpaid for what he's put on the court so far.

That worst case scenario is really bad, though. Dallas has whiffed on FA after FA the last 10 years, so putting all these chips in for only 3 months of Kyrie would be a disaster. What free agent can they sign this summer that'd be worth losing 2 starters and 3 picks?

Dinwiddie is overpaid. Getting rid of the long term contracts is a win regardless of Kyrie tbh. They didn’t move any real valuable assets. Low risk move for the Mavs IMO. The absolute worst case is you’re no longer stuck with a few awful long term deals.