2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

Just now, NYRaider said:

They have some weird obsession with Ben Simmons for some reason. I'm not sure that Brooklyn can trade away DFS/Dinwiddie in the same deal. 

I'd offer Ben Simmons, Nic Claxton, Cam Thomas, and 2/3 FRPs for Siakam / Boucher

No, not saying both. Harris, either DFS or Dinwiddie, Sharpe, and 3 1sts. DFS and Dinwiddie will be valuable over the summer to make some more moves. Thinking about it more, though, I don't think that's fair value for Siakam. He is legit.

Oh boy, I'd jump on that in a second if Brooklyn offers that. I doubt they'd offer either, let alone both after Cam's explosion the last couple games. But they might need to offer 1 to get Siakam.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Cam is averaging 8 ppg this season, lol. Lets see him do it consistently before we act like he's an All-NBA level talent like Kyrie...

Dude has barely played any minutes with Kyrie there. Now Kyrie is gone I hope Cam will play bigger minutes. If he does he will only get better and better. He isn’t Kyrie but make me one guard who is? But the scoring is there, the confidence is there, and most importantly we know he will always show up with no drama. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No, not saying both. Harris, either DFS or Dinwiddie, Sharpe, and 3 1sts. DFS and Dinwiddie will be valuable over the summer to make some more moves. Thinking about it more, though, I don't think that's fair value for Siakam. He is legit.

Oh boy, I'd jump on that in a second if Brooklyn offers that. I doubt they'd offer either, let alone both after Cam's explosion the last couple games. But they might need to offer 1 to get Siakam.

They need to make a move for another star if they want to keep KD engaged, IMO. The Raptors love to flirt with teams about potential trades and then nothing ever happens though.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Dude has barely played any minutes with Kyrie there. Now Kyrie is gone I hope Cam will play bigger minutes. If he does he will only get better and better. He isn’t Kyrie but make me one guard who is? But the scoring is there, the confidence is there, and most importantly we know he will always show up with no drama. 

The biggest thing is he has tunnel vision. A great bucket getter, but he can't be trusted yet in the playoffs.

Durant makes this so tough. If they knew he was in it for the long haul, Cam should be on the table. He has only shown flashes and his timetable is too late for Durant to wait. But Durant could easily ask to be traded again, and losing a potential great scorer who's just getting started for Siakam right before Durant demands a trade would be bad.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They need to make a move for another star if they want to keep KD engaged, IMO. The Raptors love to flirt with teams about potential trades and then nothing ever happens though.

They don't have to make a move now. They can wait until the summer to make a move. Siakam would be a good get, though.

They don't have to make a move now. They can wait until the summer to make a move. Siakam would be a good get, though.

They can definitely wait but then you also run the risk of pissing Durant off for not fully going for it as his prime is dwindling down. Siakam would be a nice fit with Durant, apparently the Bulls are open to discussing deals for Lavine now as well. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

They can definitely wait but then you also run the risk of pissing Durant off for not fully going for it as his prime is dwindling down. Siakam would be a nice fit with Durant, apparently the Bulls are open to discussing deals for Lavine now as well. 

That's who the Lakers should go hard after.

I honestly have no idea what his value is around the league.

The Bulls don't really have a ton of flexibility because of the Vuc trade and Lonzo's injury has kind of tanked their hopes so I could see them being willing to let him go fairly cheap. But I just don't think they'd be interested in a package built around FRPs so far into the future. If they're going to rebuild they need young players and draft picks that they can add now.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Bulls don't really have a ton of flexibility because of the Vuc trade and Lonzo's injury has kind of tanked their hopes so I could see them being willing to let him go fairly cheap. But I just don't think they'd be interested in a package built around FRPs so far into the future. If they're going to rebuild they need young players and draft picks that they can add now.

LA Lakers receive: Zach LaVine, Terry Rozier, Mason Plumlee

Chicago receives: Gordon Hayward, Patrick Beverley, Max Christie, LA Lakers 2027 1st Round Pick, LA Lakers 2029 1st Round Pick, Charlotte 2023 2nd Round Pick

Charlotte receives: Russell Westbrook, Lonzo Ball

Kind of threw this together quickly.

-Charlotte has 3 2nd round picks this year, so can afford to trade theirs in order to shed a lot of money from Hayward and Rozier. This also helps them tank the rest of this season. They take back Lonzo hoping he'll get healthy next season and can unite him with his brother, appeasing LaMelo in the process.

-Chicago gets off a lot of money going forward with Beverley's expiring contract and Hayward having 1 less year than Lonzo. They get 2 unprotected future 1sts and one of the top 2nd round picks in this draft. Christie also is an intriguing young player.

*This is dependent on them not wanting to tank by also trading DeRozan and/or Vucevic and instead still trying to make the play-in since they owe Orlando their 1st

-LA spends all their assets on LaVine and have to take back a pretty bad contract in Rozier, but it really helps their offense. Rozier isn't a bad player and they would be hoping his efficiency will get back to what it was the last 2 seasons by playing with better teammates. Plumlee is also quietly having a really good year.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

LA Lakers receive: Zach LaVine, Terry Rozier, Mason Plumlee

Chicago receives: Gordon Hayward, Patrick Beverley, Max Christie, LA Lakers 2027 1st Round Pick, LA Lakers 2029 1st Round Pick, Charlotte 2023 2nd Round Pick

Charlotte receives: Russell Westbrook, Lonzo Ball

That's not a bad deal although I think Charlotte kind of gets off easy as they're able to dump Rozier / Hayward's deals for Lonzo while only having to give up a couple of 2nd round picks. 

Bobby Marks suggested...

Lakers receive: Zach LaVine, Lonzo Ball, Javonte Green

Bulls receive: Russell Westbrook, Patrick Beverly, Max Christie, 2027 FRP, 2029 FRP 

The Bulls get to clear $300M off of their books with zero long term money coming back as well as two picks that could eventually be high lottery selections. The Lakers get LaVine but they also have to inherit the risk of taking on Long's deal for the next couple of seasons. 

Cam has explosive scoring potential and these  aren’t the first time he’s shown that when KD and Kyrie have been out. I think he was even leading scorer in summer league as a rookie. That said he’s unproven in playoffs and I’m not confident that he can be the second scoring option in playoffs when defenses key in on KD.