2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

8 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Folks actually thought that there would be a lockout and that owners were gonna put an end to load management. Lmao. 

A lockout wasn't going to happen.  The last work stoppage pretty much put a nail in the coffin of that happening.  They lost way too much money to justify a work stopage.

Cannot believe the players signed off on that deal! Not being able to sign players off the buy out market is ridiculous. You’re stripping away any leverage teams have that are willing to spend. 

They’re babying these teams who are cheap and don’t spend. Adam Silver is a ******* bozo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Buyouts are lame anyways. Oh no I'm on a bad team and I don't wanna so I'm gonna just be on a good team now! 

So there shouldn't be a salary cap? Or there should but they shouldn't enforce it any way? 

New rules would've prevented the Suns from getting KD, mind you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Cannot believe the players signed off on that deal! Not being able to sign players off the buy out market is ridiculous. You’re stripping away any leverage teams have that are willing to spend. 

They’re babying these teams who are cheap and don’t spend. Adam Silver is a ******* bozo

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Can't sign someone on the buyout market is a little excessive.

A little excessive?  When was the last time a buyout player played a significant role on a championship team?  Remember when people were freaking out about Andre Drummond and Blake Griffin?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

A little excessive?  When was the last time a buyout player played a significant role on a championship team?  Remember when people were freaking out about Andre Drummond and Blake Griffin?

So why keep it from happening?