2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

How'd the Suns absorb $11M more?

Kevin Durant makes $44.125M this year, so the Suns would have needed to send out $35.22M to meet the 125% plus 100k rule.  $35.22 times 1.25 = $44.025M plus 100k pushes that to $44.125M which is legal to absorb KD's contract.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

A lockout wasn't going to happen.  The last work stoppage pretty much put a nail in the coffin of that happening.  They lost way too much money to justify a work stopage.

Exactly. All these shows and talk heads were so adamant that guys like Ben Simmons, Kyrie, Harden, load management we’re going to piss off owners and cause a lockout lol. Nope instead, as Uncle Phil once said “mo money, mo money, mo money”.

I'd like to see more details on this:

In an attempt to curb load management and lost games among star players, the NBA is tying eligibility for postseason awards -- such as All-NBA teams and MVP -- to a mandatory 65 games played. The 65-game minimum does come with some conditions.

What are the conditions?

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd like to see more details on this:

In an attempt to curb load management and lost games among star players, the NBA is tying eligibility for postseason awards -- such as All-NBA teams and MVP -- to a mandatory 65 games played. The 65-game minimum does come with some conditions.

What are the conditions?

I'd guess something like not punishing a player that has 63-64 games played but sits out the last game or two if their team has sealed the #1 seed. 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

CWood with 2 fts to send the gm to OT and he misses, Mavs lose

Lmao nvm, JaVale now with fts to win the gm

or not who knows, let's see what the refs want

Edited by 11sanchez11