Future of the HC Position

lumberjackchris

So with Easterby officially out of the picture (thank god). My hunch is that Lovie gets promoted to an advisor role like Romeo was in, and Caserio bringing him his guy as the new HC this coming offseason. 

During the HC search last offseason it was pretty well known that Jonathan Gannon was Caserio’s choice to be HC. I’m thinking he’s brought in to fill that role this offseason. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

So with Easterby officially out of the picture (thank god). My hunch is that Lovie gets promoted to an advisor role like Romeo was in, and Caserio bringing him his guy as the new HC this coming offseason. 

During the HC search last offseason it was pretty well known that Jonathan Gannon was Caserio’s choice to be HC. I’m thinking he’s brought in to fill that role this offseason. 

Thoughts?

I’m all in 

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Thoughts?

Not yet. Keep accumulating talent. As you get more talent, you become more desirable. Gannon may be better off waiting on a better job right now.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:01 AM, lumberjackchris said:

From watching the Eagles defense as of late, sign me up. I'd also be on board to have another talk with Brian Flores this off-season (lawsuit be damned).

If I'm to infer anything from the Easterby fallout, it's that Josh McCown was an example of Easterby overstepping his responsibility. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right now, I’m hoping for Gannon and Frank Reich as OC/Assistant HC. It’s not just a lack of talent, it’s a lack of any sort of reasonable system or schemes to run - better stated, schemes that already failed at the NFL level.

You spent the 3rd pick on a physically gifted CB - and you scheme is set up to where he’s giving up a 12 yard cushion pre-snap? You spent a high second on a S who plays with a lot of natural instinct, but he's just sitting at the top of the formation and not playing to the ball? You found a gem of a RB, a do-everything, three down RB - and you STILL give the ball to Rex Burkhead in 3rd down situations?

Unforgivable sins - this staff has to go, the errors in scheme and execution are absolutely unforgivable. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Unforgivable sins - this staff has to go, the errors in scheme and execution are absolutely unforgivable. 

Unless the scheme and execution is to lose ;) 

I honestly - for the 3rd week in a row - felt the team (coaching staff) was determined to lose this game, but keep it close.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Unless the scheme and execution is to lose ;) 

I honestly - for the 3rd week in a row - felt the team (coaching staff) was determined to lose this game, but keep it close.

Lovie, I can see. Pep? I mean, this has to be his last opportunity to be an OC; He's failed before (with Andrew Luck as his QB, no less). Unless he's content with being a QB coach full time, a tank just seems so counterproductive for him...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Right now, I’m hoping for Gannon and Frank Reich as OC/Assistant HC. It’s not just a lack of talent, it’s a lack of any sort of reasonable system or schemes to run - better stated, schemes that already failed at the NFL level.

You spent the 3rd pick on a physically gifted CB - and you scheme is set up to where he’s giving up a 12 yard cushion pre-snap? You spent a high second on a S who plays with a lot of natural instinct, but he's just sitting at the top of the formation and not playing to the ball? You found a gem of a RB, a do-everything, three down RB - and you STILL give the ball to Rex Burkhead in 3rd down situations?

I agree that you have to fire Lovie if not for any other reason than you selected Stingley and you stick him in zone. That upsets me daily. I'm also not sure why Caserio keeps signing these lame duck HC's to 4yr deals.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Blaze said:

I agree that you have to fire Lovie if not for any other reason than you selected Stingley and you stick him in zone. That upsets me daily. I'm also not sure why Caserio keeps signing these lame duck HC's to 4yr deals.

I honestly don’t think these decisions were made by Caserio. Both Culley and Lovie feel like Easterby decisions that Caserio sort of agreed to after being worn down by the snake oil salesman.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

David Shaw was always a popular name HC name coming up every offseason, but Shaw more or less shot down any sort of discussion and recommitted to Stanford every offseason.

If Shaw is available, is he a candidate worthy of mention?