Week 7: Colts @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i think downing's been generally ok this year but that malik call was just way too cute. i'm fine with it generally but when your QB is struggling to execute even a standard handoff and you're coming off 2 strong derrick henry runs, it's a crazy call. he also went to the well on the 2nd and long runs way too often (pre tannehill injury). obviously the guy doesn't have a lot to work with, and i largely haven't had a problem with him this year, but he did not help himself today imo

I mean I think those are fair nitpicks. Especially the 2nd and long calls. But I think the game plan was to try to win time of possession and squeeze the clock to give the colts as few chances as possible. 

but when the main complaint against downing is being predictable, I’m fine trying a wrinkle to one of the few explosive players on your roster, when the defense is OBVIOUSLY expecting another Derrick Henry run. 

I just think if Arthur smith was still calling plays, I feel fans would praise the creativity despite the poor results. 

fans won’t give downing a chance since they’re still upset Vrabs didn’t make an outside hire after Smith. Fans had the same heat, myself included, for Shane Bowen after pees left and I don’t see ANY of that rhetoric now that the defense has talent and is playing well.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Kudos to Randy today!!! Huge kicks

was just coming here to post this lol. hasn't missed one since that (admittedly very costly) week 1 kick

kind of insane to think that this team with allllll its warts would be 5-1 had he made that

Edited by -Hope-

We have to make a move for either a LT or WR. We’re 4-2 right now and outside of the Bills, I haven’t been overly impressed by most of the AFC teams. I feel like we would be fine with out current weapons when we get Burks and Philips back and start using our better TEs instead of that bum Swaim. Our defense at full strength could do very well. Just need a more consistent offense and I feel that comes with adding a LT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We have to make a move for either a LT or WR. We’re 4-2 right now and outside of the Bills, I haven’t been overly impressed by most of the AFC teams. I feel like we would be fine with out current weapons when we get Burks and Philips back and start using our better TEs instead of that bum Swaim. Our defense at full strength could do very well. Just need a more consistent offense and I feel that comes with adding a LT.

Who is realistically an option out there? 

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Who is realistically an option out there? 

I’ve seen some titan fans on Twitter mention Dillard the backup LT for Philly. Has had some injury issues but seems to be healthy now. Philly found a project who has become a beast of a LT so Dillard becomes expendable to them.  We can’t just keep trotting Daley out there every week because that just means they aren’t taking this season seriously. Hell, at this point I’d bring Fisher off the street.  

Edited by ttitansfan4life

29 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

My gut tells me Burks is gonna be out a loooong time 

There was three clear issues with the reverse to Malik.

1. We had just hit them with two nice Henry runs...feed him!

2. Looked like they didn't even practice it...he tried to take the ball with his hands running full speed!!

3. If you are going to run that, at that point in the game you have to use one of our elite athletes...Swaim, Hollister, or someone like that!!!

5 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

There was three clear issues with the reverse to Malik.

1. We had just hit them with two nice Henry runs...feed him!

2. Looked like they didn't even practice it...he tried to take the ball with his hands running full speed!!

3. If you are going to run that, at that point in the game you have to use one of our elite athletes...Swaim, Hollister, or someone like that!!!

ok but real talk, robert woods was excellent on jet sweeps/playing out of the backfield as a ram and we in our infinite genius have not tried it even once