Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I hate to do this to you but it also isn't singles tennis either. You don't just play the QB. Though I'm on board with this record. I can't tell where I land between you and Bob here though.

I'm gonna try and bright side a few more weeks I guess

Clearly, that's just the flip side of the optimism coin. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I'd like to point out just a touch of perspective here.

• The Packers 5 losses have come against teams with a combined 27-11 record.  Of the 5 losses, only one was a home game (London is pretty clearly an away game for both teams).
  • They haven't given up a 30 point game on defense yet. 
  • They haven't allowed a 300 yard passer yet.
  • They are 10th in the NFL in YPC on offense; Aaron Jones is averaging an insane 5.9 YPC on 98 carries.

The team hasn't played to it's potential, but it's been far from a dumpster fire this season.  The running game is good, the defense has been solid and great at times; the one consistent major issue has been the inability to pass the ball.  Having said that, they've played 4 of the top 10 scoring defenses and four of the top 10 passing defenses by passer rating this season.  In fact I'll go one further and list out that they've played the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 12th, and 13th defenses by passer rating this season, which is a hell of a group.  Of their top 6 receivers, only Doubs has played in every game this season; every other receiver has missed at least two games.  Both of their best OL are still recovering from ACLs, even if Bahk's was two years ago now.  This is a group that needed time to gel, didn't get preseason reps (which I still hate), and has dealt with a revolving door of injuries which has prevented any kind of consistent growth while playing a full slate of strong defenses.  As frustrated as I've been with Rodgers this season at times, it's very realistic to believe that they have a gear they still have not come close to hitting yet on offense.  The rest of the team is playing pretty well. 

This season is not some mortal sin.  It'll almost certainly end up a disappointment, but the angst over how it's gone is way overblown.  Sometimes you just catch a streak of tough breaks at a time you really can't afford them.  It's exacerbated by Rodgers not playing at a level that elevates talent, but at the end of the day this thing is not as far from respectability as people are acting. 

This here is the epitome of putting lipstick on a pig

I mean honestly... just look at this.  I haven't seen a team this undisciplined and a mess since the Gregg and Infante days.  That penalty there by Alexander a vet topped on top of what Walker did last week are perfect examples of this.

LaFleur is allowing the inmates to run the asylum here.  Disgraceful!!!!

It's time to clean house! 

Murphy and Gute because they collectively bowed to Rodgers. Murphy is done soon anyway, Gute just doesn't have big enough balls to do what is necessary. Way too cautious. If we weren't we'd be so flush with draft capital, it would be embarrassing. 

LaFLeur, he's a good coach when things are going well, but can't adjust, instill passion in anyone. 

Rodgers should have been done 2 years ago. Absolute GM malpractice to cater to him rather than hold another team hostage for him. 

Don't care if we come back and beat Detroit or not. It's time to move on. This season is TOAST! 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

It's time to clean house! 

Murphy and Gute because they collectively bowed to Rodgers. Murphy is done soon anyway, Gute just doesn't have big enough balls to do what is necessary. Way too cautious. If we weren't we'd be so flush with draft capital, it would be embarrassing. 

LaFLeur, he's a good coach when things are going well, but can't adjust, instill passion in anyone. 

Rodgers should have been done 2 years ago. Absolute GM malpractice to cater to him rather than hold another team hostage for him. 

Don't care if we come back and beat Detroit or not. It's time to move on. This season is TOAST! 

Went ahead and merged it with this thread.  Already had the topic started.

• Like 1