Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just cannot tolerate people saying you need to use a first round pick on a receiver when we've had probably 5 of the top 200 receivers over the past 20 years and we haven't once used a first round draft pick.

People forget that for every Justin Jefferson, there are three Kevin Whites.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/4/23/21232643/success-rate-of-first-round-wide-receivers-this-century

You need an elite receiver. This year proves that. But you do not use first round picks to get them.

None of those picks did a damn thing in year 1. What good does a 3rd round pick do for Love next season? Again the scenario we're playing here is Rodgers leaves and we have ONE season to evaluate Love before making a 20m guaranteed commitment to him. The laws of team building don't apply to teams that don't have a QB. 

19 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

First round receivers are valuable if they hit.  That's the start and end of my point.  If you think they hit less than other positions, show me.

I agree with this completely and think GB has downplayed or slowrolled the accumulation of top tier talent at this position. To the team's detriment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

There's nothing in there about other positions

Do it yourself. I will do receivers. You can use the same rules.

Bust/hit. One pro bowl season does not make a hit. They have to have had significant value to the team that drafted them. If no top ten receiver, the first one selected in the top 20. Use the same rules for any position and I bet you cannot find a position that busts as frequently or as hard. Keep in mind how hard most of these busts busted. Blackmon, Williamson, Rogers, Williams (x4)...

Let's go with top ten picks alone. Can we reach a solid ground there?

2000: Peter Warick, Plaxico Burress, Travis Taylor
3 busts.

2001: Koren Robinson, David Terrell
2 busts.

2002: 13th overall was the closest to top ten.

2003: Charles Rogers, Andre Johnson
1 hit, 1 bust.

That's 6 to1 so far. Do you think any other position has that failure rate?

2004: Fitzgerald, Williams, Williams
Roy Williams was not a top 10 player and I am calling him a bust.
2 busts, 1 hit.

2005: Braylan Edwards, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams
3 busts

2006: No top 20 WR picks

2007: Calvin Johson, Ted Ginn
1 hit, 1 bust

2008: No top 20 receivers

2009: Darius Heyward Bay, Michael Crabtree
2 busts

2010: None

2011: AJ Green, Julio Jones
2 hits

2012: Justin Blackmon
1 bust

2013: Tavon Austin
1 bust

2014: Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans
1 hit, 1 bust

2015: Amari Cooper, Kevin White
-I would make a serious argument that the very nature of WR makes Cooper a bust. You're attracting selfish behavior, but I will give you a hit on Cooper.
1 hit, 1 bust

2016: Corey Coleman (15th overall)
1 bust

2017: Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross (all drafted ahead of Mahomes by the way)
3 busts (and hard busts)

2018: No top 20 receivers

2019: None

2020: Henry Ruggs
1 bust

2021: Waddle, Chase, Smith
2 hits, 1 bust

2022: Drake London, Garrett Wilson (We won't count these ones yet, but possible hits)

So that's 24 busts to 9 hits.

That's a 27% hit rate.

Do you think any other position fails that often? Maybe quarterback, but the value there is not commensurate.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

None of those picks did a damn thing in year 1. What good does a 3rd round pick do for Love next season? Again the scenario we're playing here is Rodgers leaves and we have ONE season to evaluate Love before making a 20m guaranteed commitment to him. The laws of team building don't apply to teams that don't have a QB. 

Please keep in mind I am NOT saying we don't need a receiver. I am saying we should not use our highest pick since Gary on a receiver.

Get a receiver at any cost except your best draft pick you've had in possibly 20 years depending on how this turns out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Also, we DO have potential in Watson and Doubs, and now Toure it looks like.

Gute did this on purpose. He knew we would not have valid talent at WR this year, but for better or (definitely) worse, he did get those three potential hits for next year.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not year after year, but we just took an ILB at pick 16. I can name about 10 WRs we could have drafted in that position who would be impacting our team in a more positive way right now over Quay Walker. 

It was pick 22 and no you can't because Rodgers won't throw to rookie WRs. 

27 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

21/77 first round WRs are pro bowlers...

How does that track for other positions

I actually don’t like that one. I mean Tim Tebow was a pro bowler. Respond to my top ten discussion.

I’m not opposed to taking a calculated risk on a WR once you get past probably 16th overall. If there’s not a player you think could give you a solid two contracts at a more premium position, but you see a potential star WR, ehhhh. I’m even more forgiving after 20th overall, but any team that drafts a skill position top 10 in this era of football deserves to sell 8 home game tickets and get nothing else.

31 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

21/77 first round WRs are pro bowlers...

How does that track for other positions

First round WR have the lowest pro bowl rate of any position

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

Give the OL an ayahuasca trip. Have them practice instead of going on a personal journey of discovery. This will give them a uni-mind advantage of all of them on the same page of shared  consciousness.

Put the Tight Ends in one jersey. Like when 3 kids want to be treated as an adult they put on a long trenchcoat.  Make a long jersey and put all the tight ends in it. This will give all the super powers into one entity. Blocking, Catching, running. All in on TE.

Remember when an almost? professional pro football reporter asked during this years off season training if Aaron Rodgers should be there (here). Audible laughter ensued. The coaching staff explained after point blank laughing at them, that Aaron Rodgers doesn't need to practice. Then the reporter explained the misunderstanding: Not for Aaron Rodgers to practice but for the rookie receivers to get quality time with their QB. We should make a time machine and go back in time and tell those that laughed that they were wrong in their thinking. And it cost  the entire season.

Invent an ap for the Juggs machine. Have the rotation be Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love and an automated Juggs machine. Anyone can be the QB just download the ap. This will make the Packers games interesting again since literally anyone can QB. You pay a premium to be the QB. See if you can beat the real QBs.

Invest in parking lots.  With Americans loving cars and vehicles so much that they are demigods now, it's a bet. Better than renting to human people. Charges can be hourly, daily, monthly, yearly... If there is a problem call a tow truck. No more patching drywall when lovers fight. No more deep cleaning after a tenant with secret cats and dogs move out.  Buy or build a parking lot. Collect money.

Abernathy to the playing field.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, svp said:

Give the OL an ayahuasca trip. Have them practice instead of going on a personal journey of discovery. This will give them a uni-mind advantage of all of them on the same page of shared  consciousness.

Put the Tight Ends in one jersey. Like when 3 kids want to be treated as an adult they put on a long trenchcoat.  Make a long jersey and put all the tight ends in it. This will give all the super powers into one entity. Blocking, Catching, running. All in on TE.

Remember when an almost? professional pro football reporter asked during this years off season training if Aaron Rodgers should be there (here). Audible laughter ensued. The coaching staff explained after point blank laughing at them, that Aaron Rodgers doesn't need to practice. Then the reporter explained the misunderstanding: Not for Aaron Rodgers to practice but for the rookie receivers to get quality time with their QB. We should make a time machine and go back in time and tell those that laughed that they were wrong in their thinking. And it cost  the entire season.

Invent an ap for the Juggs machine. Have the rotation be Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love and an automated Juggs machine. Anyone can be the QB just download the ap. This will make the Packers games interesting again since literally anyone can QB. You pay a premium to be the QB. See if you can beat the real QBs.

Invest in parking lots.  With Americans loving cars and vehicles so much that they are demigods now, it's a bet. Better than renting to human people. Charges can be hourly, daily, monthly, yearly... If there is a problem call a tow truck. No more patching drywall when lovers fight. No more deep cleaning after a tenant with secret cats and dogs move out.  Buy or build a parking lot. Collect money.

Did you write this after your own ayahuasca trip?

4 minutes ago, svp said:

Deep thoughts, by svp

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I actually don’t like that one. I mean Tim Tebow was a pro bowler. Respond to my top ten discussion.

I’m not opposed to taking a calculated risk on a WR once you get past probably 16th overall. If there’s not a player you think could give you a solid two contracts at a more premium position, but you see a potential star WR, ehhhh. I’m even more forgiving after 20th overall, but any team that drafts a skill position top 10 in this era of football deserves to sell 8 home game tickets and get nothing else.

If they're from Ohio State or Bama you'd better grab them.  Otherwise you will miss out on the Julio's, or Michael Thomas's or the like

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

LOL, ROFLMAO, all of that.

Julio Jones is behind Evans and Godwin.

Rodgers would throw to him at about the frequency he threw to Cobb. Not only would Rodgers be more likely to trust a ten year veteran more than he would a first year rookie, but Julio Jones actually had two full seasons playing for the same team LaFleur was a coach for.

The things you laugh at are funny only to people who look at things one single solitary way.

Different things matter to different quarterbacks.