Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

56 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, the OL is a focal point, but a large part of this entire team is playing like garbage. 

No doubt.  I would even go so far as to say the entire offense besides Aaron Jones and maybe Josiah Deguara have been pretty poor. 

@Mdpackfan22 mentioned Billy Turner.  Unless he just didn't want to be in GB anymore, I don't see why he wasn't retained.  If you think the young guys are playing anywhere near as good as he is, then play them.  But we are still on the books for 5.8 million for Turner to not play here this year.  We cleared 4.2 million on the cap, but we didn't use it, so why?

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

No doubt.  I would even go so far as to say the entire offense besides Aaron Jones and maybe Josiah Deguara have been pretty poor. 

@Mdpackfan22 mentioned Billy Turner.  Unless he just didn't want to be in GB anymore, I don't see why he wasn't retained.  If you think the young guys are playing anywhere near as good as he is, then play them.  But we are still on the books for 5.8 million for Turner to not play here this year.  We cleared 4.2 million on the cap, but we didn't use it, so why?

Because his worst ability is avail.

He's started 2 games this year. People would definitely be complaining if we had kept him.

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

To me Gute is the least at fault among the "big 4." Murphy is probably #1 for just laying down and letting Rodgers do whatever he wants. Rodgers and LaFleur are tied for #2 because they've both had an equal hand in destroying our offense.

On paper going into camp, this was easily the #1 or #2 most talented roster (Buffalo) in the NFL. No real weakness in any starting position outside of WR, where we all said our HOF QB would elevate talent around him. Not Gute's fault injuries happen and players who've shown elite tape have regressed this year. Gute's in the clear to me. Bad luck, bad hiring on the defensive staff, and bad cohesion between game-planner and QB have destroyed this season, not bad talent. Gute's biggest flub up was bargain shopping for Watkins, we carried over enough money we could've easily fit JJSS, Cedrick Wilson or MVS, Watkins was and is clearly cooked. 

I guess I've just not been enamored with his drafting record.  I feel like he falls into that "okay" category.  Good enough that you're not actively looking to replace him, but not bad enough that you're tripping over yourself to keep him.  I think he's got two major decisions that I think were nothing short of genius (trade down and back up for Jaire Alexander AND taking Rashan Gary at 12), but the rest of the track record is spotty.

2018 - Like I mentioned, Gute trading down with New Orleans for the future FRP and then moving back up for less than what he got moving down to get Jaire Alexander was a stroke of genius.  Not gonna lie, thought thaat might be a career-defining move for Gute.  Day 2 was back-to-back strikeouts though.  You have to get more out of your Day 2 picks.  A backup CB and a backup ILB isn't you're expecting to get when you pick.  The Packers got a started in MVS on Day 3, but nothing else that even really stuck around as quality backups.

2019 - LIS, Rashan Gary pick was a stroke of genius by Gute.  I personally would have taken Brian Burns, but Gary is the right pick in hindsight.  Darnell Savage really hasn't taken off like we had hope.  Feel like it would have been better off staying with our picks and taking more shots.  Elgton Jenkins was a great pick despite his struggles this year.  The rest of the draft didn't amount to much.

2020 - Not gonna touch the Jordan Love pick because we'd be beating a dead horse at this point.  But when your second and third round pick are a backup RB and backup TE, than you're not getting enough production out of your players.  The only player on Day 3 taken that has a chance of getting a 2nd contract from Green Bay is Jon Runyan Jr., and given where he was drafted is probably a good pick.

Day 2 picks are where you make a franchise.  You're expected to hit on Day 1 picks, but Day 2 picks are where you move your franchise forward.  We're probably 1.5 out of the 5 picks made that you could argue are successful. That's just not good enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bakhtiari is a cut candidate due to health and cost, and Yosh will be heading into a walk year. Our current replacements are Tom who is WAY too small atm and Jenkins who played poorly on the edge. 

Legitimately asking, does a team trade for him?  After this year, there's ZERO guaranteed money and you're getting him for $7.4M if Green Bay waits to trade him until after they pay his roster bonus.  Or $17.5M if they trade him before.

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking, does a team trade for him?  After this year, there's ZERO guaranteed money and you're getting him for $7.4M if Green Bay waits to trade him until after they pay his roster bonus.  Or $17.5M if they trade him before.

Gotta imagine there will be some interest. I just don't know what it would be. A lot of things up in the air. 

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Feels like a Day 2 pick could be a possibility if Green Bay is willing to eat that roster bonus.

It is unfortunate that Gute didn’t go with positional value and draft Tyler Smith instead of Quay Walker.   My understanding is he is playing well for Dallas and would have been useful this season as well as in the future.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

What we really should do is look for a franchise LT or EDGE rusher with the first pick.  (Assuming the top 2 QB's are off of the board.)

Agree, need a impact player from a staple position.  QB. LT, Impact DL.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What do you mean?

I don't think it's very likely that any team will trade a day 2 pick for Bakhtiari even if GB eats the money. He's probably a candidate to get cut in the offseason, if anything. His knee is still an issue nearly two years removed from his injury. 

Just now, malak1 said:

I don't think it's very likely that any team will trade a day 2 pick for Bakhtiari even if GB eats the money. He's probably a candidate to get cut in the offseason, if anything. His knee is still an issue nearly two years removed from his injury. 

Bakhtiari on one knee is still better than most NFL LTs.  If Duane Brown can get an $11M/year deal at 37 years old as a substantially worse LT, Bakh with a cap hit of $7.4M is a bargain.

• Like 2