Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty embarrassing how quickly our "fans" have turn on our management and our QB anytime we're not winning 75% of our games.

I'd like to think that the vocal "Burn the House down" are the minority, but I do think it's time to have a discussion about how much job security that Gute actually has.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty embarrassing how quickly our "fans" have turn on our management and our QB anytime we're not winning 75% of our games.

Anyone wanting to fire Gute or LaFleur just instantly go into my mental ignore list. The same flip-floppers were demanding answer from Murphy on if he extended them this summer.

Rodgers, I can totally understand wanting to move on and save cap and see what we have in Love, hell that's the route I want to go. The stuff I'm reading and hearing on the radio though, man, it's like he wakes up every morning and pees in your Cheerios. He's still most likely the greatest QB any of you will watch in your lifetime, appreciate what you had.  

This is like our 5th bad season since 1992. **** happens, some teams endure this every year. Root for our young guys, watch college football and get excited about a top 15 pick, put on some Christmas music, make a cocktail and relax. 

I believe the frustration for a lot of fans is we could clearly see the writing on the wall. If we couldn't get it done the past 2 years, we weren't gonna get it done this year with Rodgers being a year older and no Zsmith or Davante. 

The Rodgers contract is also a huge stain. No player is above the franchise and we have essentially let Rodgers hold the franchise hostage. We should've gone all in or go for a full rebuild. Being bad with a plan and direction is forgivable. Being bad with no direction is not. 

We could've been in a position similar to the Eagles where we trade our franchise QB for draft capital, bite the bullet 1 year for dead cap and come out the other side with a well rounded team built thru the draft and salary cap to round out the roster in free agency. Instead we're a non contender in salary cap hell with an aging expensive QB and a roster that's only gonna get worse due to cap constraints. The worst position a team can possibly be in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd like to think that the vocal "Burn the House down" are the minority, but I do think it's time to have a discussion about how much job security that Gute actually has.

I think he has enough to weather this storm.  But....if things go badly next year, with or without Rodgers, he won't weather that storm.

But...if it is Love next year...he gets more time, so long as improvement is shown.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

To me Gute is the least at fault among the "big 4." Murphy is probably #1 for just laying down and letting Rodgers do whatever he wants. Rodgers and LaFleur are tied for #2 because they've both had an equal hand in destroying our offense.

On paper going into camp, this was easily the #1 or #2 most talented roster (Buffalo) in the NFL. No real weakness in any starting position outside of WR, where we all said our HOF QB would elevate talent around him. Not Gute's fault injuries happen and players who've shown elite tape have regressed this year. Gute's in the clear to me. Bad luck, bad hiring on the defensive staff, and bad cohesion between game-planner and QB have destroyed this season, not bad talent. Gute's biggest flub up was bargain shopping for Watkins, we carried over enough money we could've easily fit JJSS, Cedrick Wilson or MVS, Watkins was and is clearly cooked. 

• Like 6

Had we traded ol 12 when we should have the rebuild would have been very short and sweet.  Unless we get lucky, it will be much longer and far more painful.  Gute and Murph should be held accountable for their beyond stupid decision to bring the pouter back at his advancing age.  His contract really does look like a one year deal, maybe Gute and Murph can ice that.  If so, we won't get the windfall we would have gotten, but we can accelerate the recovery.  Now next year we'll watch Jones and P Smith and possibly Amos waltz to new teams and we will get squat.  AT least in comparison as to what we would have gotten at the trade deadline.  Another mistake.

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

OMG!  One bad year and we want to burn the house down.  Stop it!  All it takes is a good off season with the draft and other moves and the Packers are right back in it.  Fire everyone, and you all think I am nuts.

I mean, both can be correct, you know...

😉

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

To me Gute is the least at fault among the "big 4." Murphy is probably #1 for just laying down and letting Rodgers do whatever he wants. Rodgers and LaFleur are tied for #2 because they've both had an equal hand in destroying our offense.

On paper going into camp, this was easily the #1 or #2 most talented roster (Buffalo) in the NFL. No real weakness in any starting position outside of WR, where we all said our HOF QB would elevate talent around him. Not Gute's fault injuries happen and players who've shown elite tape have regressed this year. Gute's in the clear to me. Bad luck, bad hiring on the defensive staff, and bad cohesion between game-planner and QB have destroyed this season, not bad talent. Gute's biggest flub up was bargain shopping for Watkins, we carried over enough money we could've easily fit JJSS, Cedrick Wilson or MVS, Watkins was and is clearly cooked. 

Eh idk about 1 of the most talented rosters. Our WR/TE group was the worst in the NFL. OL was a huge question mark with the health status of Bakh and Jenkins unknown. DL was also a question mark. Jarran Reed is a JAG and Wyatt at the end of the day is still a rookie DT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

OMG!  One bad year and we want to burn the house down.  Stop it!  All it takes is a good off season with the draft and other moves and the Packers are right back in it.  Fire everyone, and you all think I am nuts.

The house has been burning down for 4-5 years.  too many people failed to realize the fire had started and ignored all of the smoke.

Next year is going to be more of the same.   Rodgers isn't going anywhere.  His contract is not tradeable, and he won't retire the same year as Brady.   The talent level on this team has slipped, but management will convince itself and many fans that this is all injury bad luck.  A few minor moves will take place and we will be a middling team next year.  The fans will over rate the talent level on the team and think it is a real plan.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

• Like 3

Need to start a rebuild with Rodgers as the QB over the next 2 years and draft a QB for the post Rodgers era.  

The rebuild should include a QB probably drafted with a high pick  which might hurt Rodgers feelings.  He's going to have to accept that they are looking at the future as they rebuild.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 15412 said:

Had we traded ol 12 when we should have the rebuild would have been very short and sweet.  Unless we get lucky, it will be much longer and far more painful.  Gute and Murph should be held accountable for their beyond stupid decision to bring the pouter back at his advancing age.  His contract really does look like a one year deal, maybe Gute and Murph can ice that.  If so, we won't get the windfall we would have gotten, but we can accelerate the recovery.  Now next year we'll watch Jones and P Smith and possibly Amos waltz to new teams and we will get squat.  AT least in comparison as to what we would have gotten at the trade deadline.  Another mistake.

Or at least for signing the gargantuan contract that they should have known meant we get stuck with a bunch of low value draft picks or UDFAs to fill the holes at positions like WR.  So yes, that house of cards has to be burned down, and a new GM brought in who tells Rodgers to renegotiate and bring down his contract price big time or beat it.

4 hours ago, hitnhope said:

The house has been burning down for 4-5 years.  too many people failed to realize the fire had started and ignored all of the smoke.

Next year is going to be more of the same.   Rodgers isn't going anywhere.  His contract is not tradeable, and he won't retire the same year as Brady.   The talent level on this team has slipped, but management will convince itself and many fans that this is all injury bad luck.  A few minor moves will take place and we will be a middling team next year.  The fans will over rate the talent level on the team and think it is a real plan.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

I can only hope old Bob Harlan, as old as he is still has enough voice to raise a stink to the board about what Mark Murphy and Brian Gute have done to the thing he and Wolf built here.  If he says something, its possible the board might act to blow the whole thing up.

On the OL history has shown us that there is not a clear correlation between draft position and success. There have been top 5 picks in almost every draft who fail, or who underperform. I would say Gutes drafting strategy has been very logical, and we should let that play out. It's a numbers game, especially when you consider that most rookies need at least one year in an NFL weight room to be ready. I think drafting 2-3 guys in rounds 2-4 is gonna give us an elite line consistently for the foreseeable future, you just have to let the numbers game play out. The only caveat is that maybe with Jenkins problems at RT we look at a first round tackle - especially if Bahk is in limbo. You can act like Stepaniak and Madison are failures, but I think that's a flawed perspective. 

Same goes with QB by the way. Acting like Gute is flawed because he is pursuing every possible avenue to get a QB of the future, is so short sighted. No-one is even close to 25% on scouting QB's. What would this forum have said to Wolfe when he traded that first for a degenerate QB that hadn't played an NFL snap. 

• Like 1