Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

53 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because using a top 15 pick on a WR is not sound decision making in a normal situation. Unless the board falls apart or there are special circumstances, it's not a strategy you want to use. If Rodgers retires or is traded, it's my belief we'll fall into those special circumstances. 

Yeah I think I agree with this. If you used a top 15 pick on a WR, you'd have to feel that our "Premium" positions are good (EDGE, OT, QB, and CB). I'm not sure I agree, but I could see how someone could make the case that they are.

15 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Hill is an all time talent though.  Very rare.  

I actually think if the Packers truly wanted to go all-in with Rodgers, they should have considered using the picks they got for Adams to trade for Hill.  

What would be the point of that? Might as well have kept Adams then

3 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

What would be the point of that? Might as well have kept Adams then

I think the standard assumption there is that Adams wanted out, which he's pretty much publicly confirmed. So most of the discussion revolves around the best way to replace him.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Because using a top 15 pick on a WR is not sound decision making in a normal situation. Unless the board falls apart or there are special circumstances, it's not a strategy you want to use. If Rodgers retires or is traded, it's my belief we'll fall into those special circumstances. 

Top 15? I see two more games we should be favored in on our schedule. The rest we are clear underdogs.

This might be a top 5 pick. 

28 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I think the standard assumption there is that Adams wanted out, which he's pretty much publicly confirmed. So most of the discussion revolves around the best way to replace him.

That, and Hill can stress the defense in more ways than Adams.  So I would pay him top dollar.  

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Top 15? I see two more games we should be favored in on our schedule. The rest we are clear underdogs.

This might be a top 5 pick. 

5 wins with our SOS almost certainly knocks us out of the top 5.  Last year, Carolina was the only 5 win team and they picked 6th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Not year after year, but we just took an ILB at pick 16. I can name about 10 WRs we could have drafted in that position who would be impacting our team in a more positive way right now over Quay Walker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

People really need to stop saying this. It's not remotely accurate. 

Why?  Aaron Jones is the best weapon on offense, running the ball helps with a shaky OL, the defense is built to play with a lead, and the routes off PA are probably less likely to be as confusing to younger players

57 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Give me three guys on par with Lazard that all have different skillsets, that's a group that works. 

Maybe against the Bears and Lions. When it counts, that squad isn't getting it done, unless maybe you have a top 3 defense that can shut down the big arms in this league. 

1 minute ago, LacyIsGood said:

Why?  Aaron Jones is the best weapon on offense, running the ball helps with a shaky OL, the defense is built to play with a lead, and the routes off PA are probably less likely to be as confusing to younger players

I think you've hit on a number of problems here, the first being Jones being our best offensive skill player. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With Rodgers at QB? Probably not. 

Couldn't be any worse. We had this vision to make our defense a super unit with Walker and Wyatt and it's blown up in our face, along with a myriad of other issues. The concept of "winning through our defense" isn't working. In the process, we virtually starved our offense of any offensive talent the past several years and it's reached a breaking point. 

• Like 1