Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

23 hours ago, ravishingone said:

For supposedly being satisfied with Mayfield and Trask, the Bucs are sure linked to a bunch of young QBs.  

. Mayfield wasn't signed to be QF of the future. Easily a bridge to the next guy - whether it's Hooker or Levis; or a guy in next years class...They're happy with Mayfield being the guy this year. They're smart evaluating guys to be the future starter. Is hendon hooker worth the 19th pick? Or is he in play at 50? 

Now - it's coming out that Stroud absolutely tanked his IQ test - similar to Vince Young. Not the Wonderlic but other S2 or some other test that coaches and talent evaluators feel necessary for a starting QB. Wonder what the truth to that is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at our current depth chart for our front 7: 

DE: Kancey/O'Connor

NT: Vea/Senat

DT: Gaines/Hall

Edge: Tryon*/Barrett*/Diaby/Nelson/Rameriz

ILB: *David/*White*/Dennis/Britt/Hayes

Do we still think Gholston might be brought back into Training Camp? I know nothing about Senat, but is he a reliable NT in case Vea misses a few weeks? Vea takes on a lot of double teams in the trenches so he'll get beat up and has in the past. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Looking at our current depth chart for our front 7: 

DE: Kancey/O'Connor

NT: Vea/Senat

DT: Gaines/Hall

Edge: Tryon*/Barrett*/Diaby/Nelson/Rameriz

ILB: *David/*White*/Dennis/Britt/Hayes

Do we still think Gholston might be brought back into Training Camp? I know nothing about Senat, but is he a reliable NT in case Vea misses a few weeks? Vea takes on a lot of double teams in the trenches so he'll get beat up and has in the past. 

Gaines is a 310 pound DT who can play NT for plays.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It is still baffling to hear Mike Evan's name in NFL circles as a potential trade option. I feel like he's done everything for this organization to take a cap friendly deal and his performance has been consistently elite - that he's going to get an extension rather than be traded lol. 

The NFL rumor mill is something else. If anyone is to be traded, it'll be Devin White, not Evans. But I dont think we trade either player.

What would you guys say about trading a late ish pick for the Jets Zach Wilson?

dude is so raw , but imo has good tools (I'd say, better than Mayfield or Trask)

idk if they would do it but with Rodgers they dont really have a need for him not to mention the fanbase has soured on him significantly

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

What would you guys say about trading a late ish pick for the Jets Zach Wilson?

dude is so raw , but imo has good tools (I'd say, better than Mayfield or Trask)

idk if they would do it but with Rodgers they dont really have a need for him not to mention the fanbase has soured on him significantly

No thanks to Wilson. he's been historically bad his first few seasons and with a pretty good supporting cast. I just look at what Flacco and White did vs. him. He was brutal. 

Plus, don't think NYJ can get anyone to take on his fully gauranteed deal as oart of a trade. 

Speaking of hypothetical trades though, what about a Devin White for Isaiah Simmons swap. They're both guys that need/want a change of scenery. Simmons would give us (1) more year of control too. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No thanks to Wilson. he's been historically bad his first few seasons and with a pretty good supporting cast. I just look at what Flacco and White did vs. him. He was brutal. 

Plus, don't think NYJ can get anyone to take on his fully gauranteed deal as oart of a trade. 

Speaking of hypothetical trades though, what about a Devin White for Isaiah Simmons swap. They're both guys that need/want a change of scenery. Simmons would give us (1) more year of control too. 

i get it 😂 i just like Wilson coming out so maybe im a bit biased

as for Devin, if we were to trade him I'd prefer some draft picks as opposed to player swaps. Simmons to me has massively underperformed. At least Devin flashed like he could be one of the better LBs in the league, Simmons hasnt done jack.

25 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

As for Devin, if we were to trade him I'd prefer some draft picks as opposed to player swaps. Simmons to me has massively underperformed. At least Devin flashed like he could be one of the better LBs in the league, Simmons hasnt done jack.

I'm just not sure what value we'd be getting if we went the pick route. If we could get a 2nd round pick, absolutely sign me up all day. I think we'd be looking at more like a 4th or conditional 3rd IMO.

At least with Simmons you'd be getting potential upside to unlock. Arizona has massively misused his skill-set. They seem to have a knack for this, as they did same thing with Hassan Reddick and then when he moved on, he became a force.

23 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm just not sure what value we'd be getting if we went the pick route. If we could get a 2nd round pick, absolutely sign me up all day. I think we'd be looking at more like a 4th or conditional 3rd IMO.

At least with Simmons you'd be getting potential upside to unlock. Arizona has massively misused his skill-set. They seem to have a knack for this, as they did same thing with Hassan Reddick and then when he moved on, he became a force.

yea i agree, AZ basically doing the same with Zaven Collins too

id love a 2nd 

at this point though i feel like we are resigned to losing Devin for nothing next year when he definitely decides to leave

5 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i get it 😂 i just like Wilson coming out so maybe im a bit biased

as for Devin, if we were to trade him I'd prefer some draft picks as opposed to player swaps. Simmons to me has massively underperformed. At least Devin flashed like he could be one of the better LBs in the league, Simmons hasnt done jack.

Curious - what did you like about wilson coming out? The only positive he had was a strong arm. The guy who does the QB school on youtube (JT O'Sullivan?) absolutely picked apart so many flaws he had that he seemed to not understand the hype to be the #2 pick . 

15 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yea i agree, AZ basically doing the same with Zaven Collins too

id love a 2nd 

at this point though i feel like we are resigned to losing Devin for nothing next year when he definitely decides to leave

Might not be the worst thing honestly. If he walks, could see us getting potnetially the same value with a comp pick (3rd or 4th) that we might get on the trade market anyway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Curious - what did you like about wilson coming out? The only positive he had was a strong arm. The guy who does the QB school on youtube (JT O'Sullivan?) absolutely picked apart so many flaws he had that he seemed to not understand the hype to be the #2 pick . 

thats a good question haha

i was definitely enamored with how much zip he had on his throws, i figured if he had good coaching, he could improve his accuracy, and with that arm could be a special QB

but i did feel like the hype was a bit too much, but still liked him in the end

at this point he's kind of a bust though and needs new scenery 

On 6/2/2023 at 12:48 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

thats a good question haha

i was definitely enamored with how much zip he had on his throws, i figured if he had good coaching, he could improve his accuracy, and with that arm could be a special QB

but i did feel like the hype was a bit too much, but still liked him in the end

at this point he's kind of a bust though and needs new scenery 

As soon as I watched the whole segment of JT Osullivans QB Camp study - he had two long videos on every prospect detailing their film. It really turned me off and showed he only had a strong arm.