Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

17 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I really wonder if we could get a pick for D Smith.

Reading that Jaawan Taylor is going to command 17M annual in FA and I think, wow Smith has to be at the same level as that guy if not close

I'd take any pick to shed his cap #

PFF graded them about the same last year, difference is Smith is going into his twighlight (30 years old), while Taylor is just coming into his prime years (26). 

We're not getting anything for Smith, cuz teams don't want to assume his deal. They'd rather take their chance in FA. 

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

PFF graded them about the same last year, difference is Smith is going into his twighlight (30 years old), while Taylor is just coming into his prime years (26). 

We're not getting anything for Smith, cuz teams don't want to assume his deal. They'd rather take their chance in FA. 

If anyone will make that deal - it will be the Bears who have the cap space and desperate need for 4 starters on the OL lol. Smith is a designated 6/1 cap cut - so I think he could be shopped for a team that will give a late day 3 pick who has the luxury of eating that cap for a year. 

21 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Carr in the division, not overly concerned.  However, the Qb signed by the Bucs, I think may show their thoughts on QB in the draft.  If they sign Mayfield, I believe they wait till day 3 for a Qb.  Mayfield has the best chance to be the long term starter from the UFA pool.  If they sign Brissett or Lock, I believe it is more likely a Qb is selected by day 2.  I do believe the Trask hype from Licht is a smoke screen unfortunately.

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in both Mayfield and Lock and drafting a kid in the 4th-5th round. Trask hasn't shown anything. Best man in camp wins and cut the veteran of Trask and 2 others who finish 3rd/4th. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

If anyone will make that deal - it will be the Bears who have the cap space and desperate need for 4 starters on the OL lol. Smith is a designated 6/1 cap cut - so I think he could be shopped for a team that will give a late day 3 pick who has the luxury of eating that cap for a year. 

Well, we can allput the idea of him being moved for a late pick to bed. He was officially released today. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Definitely have more interest in Mayfield over Brissett.

More upside to Mayfield than Brissett. 2021 was a bad year for Baker. This scheme Canales will run is suited to something similar Baker got in LA and Oklahoma. So - I think this makes sense. Very low Risk - greater reward if it works out. 

Signing Brissett to beat out Trask would give you minimal upside with no vertical threat in my opinion. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Definitely some similarities between Baker and Geno, so I can see why Canales would have interest, though I'm kinda surprised that Bowles would want to go with another turnover-prone QB, but of the realistic options, Baker brings the most upside.

I don't think Baker is as turnover prone as some think. 2021 he literally played hurt with a bum shoulder(s). Last year was meh - more revitalized under mcvay and in a bad scheme with Ruhle/Macadoo - which was a sinking ship before the draft even started. 

Also, mirroring the Jameis Winston turnover prone trend is very challenging to replicate haha 

2 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Definitely some similarities between Baker and Geno, so I can see why Canales would have interest, though I'm kinda surprised that Bowles would want to go with another turnover-prone QB, but of the realistic options, Baker brings the most upside.

I don't think Bowles has near the influence as HC that Arians did.  This offseason Bowles has shown to be the DC with a HC title.  Licht seems to have the most influence picking offensive talent.  I think Bowles is along for the ride.

17 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I don't think Bowles has near the influence as HC that Arians did.  This offseason Bowles has shown to be the DC with a HC title.  Licht seems to have the most influence picking offensive talent.  I think Bowles is along for the ride.

Unsure what Bowles contract was for the HC gig - but to me he's more of an interim since he was hired due to BA's retirement late in the game. 

Honestly - this has the feels of Carolina 2.0 from last year. Bowles will be a top 3 coach on the hot seat entering the year. Only Bowles case is he's about to lose a ton of defensive talent with 22 UFA's - most of them on defense and starters like SMB, Edwards, Dean, David, Gholston, hicks. Key contributors like Anthony Nelson who can play 3-4 DE and stand up and rush the passer. 

What technically should be a rebuild - bowles will try to win to save his job. In that sense - and our division - is only going to keep us in QB purgatory. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

If they trade Mason and not re sign David, I would not be shocked if the Bucs take a run at Lamar.  I know about the cap and I am far from a cap expert.  My thought is if a team is going to cut a decent amount of its core, why not solidify the Qb position with a bona fide top 10 Qb?  Not suggesting it is going to happen, but this team has shown a willingness to think big.