Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

7 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

So if you were at your job and offered a considerable raise in a higher position knowing that it might end in one year you wouldn't take it??       Look at Mike Kafka the Giants OC....    He went from the QB coach of the Chiefs coaching the best QB in the league to the Giants were there are no WR's, a labeled bust QB with a struggling O-line.   They made it to the playoffs and he got a lot of interviews for a HC position.   Its all about opportunity

And uproot my entire family to hitch my wagon to Kyle Trask(as of right now)? Not a chance. I'd stay where I am and look forward to next years cycle. Now, if there was a guarantee to get Carr, Rodgers or someone else that's a legitimate starter, then sure, but thats probably not gonna happen.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:51 PM, sryan66611 said:

So if you were at your job and offered a considerable raise in a higher position knowing that it might end in one year you wouldn't take it??       Look at Mike Kafka the Giants OC....    He went from the QB coach of the Chiefs coaching the best QB in the league to the Giants were there are no WR's, a labeled bust QB with a struggling O-line.   They made it to the playoffs and he got a lot of interviews for a HC position.   Its all about opportunity

ahh it depends. Someone like Monken who's got a cushy OC job at GA at 2 million a year with the opportunity to be a HC soon at the collegiate level and literally choice of potential NFL gigs when needed - he has the opportunity to wait it out. 

I also think some of these younger coaches aren't rushing either if they're compensated well with winning teams. Shane Steicham isn't reportedly leaving Philly for either AZ or Indy and he was a hot candidate for a HC gig. I think Mike Kafka leaving to go to NYG under a brand new regime to be OC vs. the OC coming to work for Bowles who's entering the year on the hot seat is much different. So NYG in 2022 vs Tampa in 2023 is a poor comparison to make. 

I can see McCardel taking this job. Or perhaps the QB coach from Cincinatti. However - I do agree that if per say monken gets offered the job in Baltimore - he's probably taking that. Jackson is more than likely to be in Baltimore next year despite all the crazy rumors he's not. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

After Monken, I do like Pitcher next.  I like him being from the McVay tree and having a lot of responsibility developing a young Qb.  If they miss out on Carr, the team will need to draft a young Qb over the next 2 years more then likely.  Pitcher makes a lot of sense.

Being from the McVay tree - I can see Baker being an option considering it's an offense he's comfortable with and knows, plus he showed tremendous upside and promise in just a short period of time. 

• Like 1

I find it interesting the Bucs have not requested 2nd interviews with other candidates.  I guess this is a sign Pitcher is potentially the first choice and will only do second interviews to candidates if they cannot get him.  Reading about the Ravens OC search they scheduled 2nd interviews with multiple candidates as a comparison.  

13 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I would not be upset if Carr goes to NOLA.  All the potential vet Qbs have questions that are available.  Just not interested in bringing Gabbert back.

I still don't know what to make of Carr. He's been through a whirlwind of coaching changes/drama within that organization. His best years came with Del Rio and Basaccia when he took over lol. 

If he's not traded and released I'd say - yeah go for it. I'm not giving up a first round pick to find out though. 

It looks more likely that Pritcher will be the new OC here. However after reading Arians comments - he thinks Bowles was too conservative and Byron wasn't allowed to be aggressive? I'm not sure considering Byron barely ran the football lol so I think Bowles was hands off in the Offensive strategy. 

Adding in an air raid/west coast offense is going to be a nice scheme since Pritcher comes from the McVay tree. 

What we do at QB will be a real question here. I think Pritcher has an idea and he has a source of McVay who worked with Baker. Can he rejuvenate his career? 

I don't see Jimmy G coming here. The Jets, Commanders, and possibly the Raiders (McDaniels) are better options for him. I can even see him eying the Panthers who have a good OL and DL and solid secondary when healthy. Just need to add some weapons to the offense. 

Why do I keep seeing/reading that the Bucs are not likely to Tag Jamel Dean? We really chose overrated Carlton Davis over him? Bowles played Bunting who sucks, over Dean the minute Dean had a stinger and never put Dean in over Bunting against Dallas where Dak was ripping both him and Davis to shreds. 

Even if we kept Dean, corner should/would be high on our draft board bc we will need a nickel. Now we're projecting to potentially bring back Bunting for cheap and draft a corner early? 

STUPID . STUPID. STUPID. 

Well PR is suggesting the Bucs will bring in Brissett or Mayfield to compete with Trask.  Also, leaves the possibility to draft a QB.  If this is the plan, I expect the Bucs to draft a Qb this draft.  I always did like the idea of a team drafting a QB pretty much every year.  Of course, not necessarily in day 2 or 3.  

46 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well PR is suggesting the Bucs will bring in Brissett or Mayfield to compete with Trask.  Also, leaves the possibility to draft a QB.  If this is the plan, I expect the Bucs to draft a Qb this draft.  I always did like the idea of a team drafting a QB pretty much every year.  Of course, not necessarily in day 2 or 3.  

They keep bringing up Hendon Hooker as a possibility in round 3 - as he's recovering from injury he's not pressed into competing for back up gig right away? 

Honestly - with the emergence of guys taken on day 2-3 in certain scenarios: when you are in QB purgatory - take a flyer on a guy each draft on day 2/3 if you're not settled at the position. You never know when you might strike gold. 

I'm cool with Hendon Hooker as a 3rd round flyer. He's got a good enough arm - solid athleticism. Some of the things he can work on is footwork which ok - is something every rookie QB coming to the NFL can use. He's a RS Senior with experience. 

Looking at a guy like Pritcher coming from the McVay tree - you work for an innovative young bright mind to coaching a guy who can adapt to all scenarios. The scheme he's familiar with works with college and NFL concepts that frees up receivers. I mean - in the SB - those receivers ran free all day. If it weren't for a lackluster performance by the Bengals OL - the Bengals win that Super Bowl last year by 10. 

Pritcher will bring in an offensive scheme thats QB friendly and a more modern type logic than the old school of Arians and Clyde Christianson running an outdated scheme. 

• Like 1