Blow it up! Off-season wishes/ideas

one_of_a_kind24

Alright yall, we all know this team isn't going to accomplish anything this year other than lose. There's no winnable games left on the schedule.

What are yalls wishes for the off-season?

The coaching staff are dead men walking, so who should we go after for the next HC?

We are going to have a top 5 draft pick, so which QB should we take?

What players should we trade away for draft picks?

• Like 1

Really doubt Brady comes back 

Lenny should be trade bait, he's good but I'd take a 3rd honestly 

I don't even know who to target qb wise. I don't really like Bryce Young. So idk and I haven't looked at any other qbs really.

We need some seriously young blood at OC with some God damn creativity.

Other than the qb, our team looks pretty decent. It's a complete shame what's going on rn.

Leftwich has to go. His running scheme is outdated. Passing attack is too reliant on the actual talent itself. 

Have to fix the iOL. Goedeke has been hurting us all season. 

Defense we need to draft a CB and S. 

id like for us to find a qb r1 but think this team will manage to win 9 games and get wild card

14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Jason Licht Bombed your last two drafts. Joe Tryon has 1.5 sacks in 7 games 

The 2020 Draft gave you Wirfs and Winfield 

This is a bit dramatic... but the 21 class is a complete wasteland 

I never wanted Tryon , but he has shown inconsistent glimpses of talent. 

Trask is a disaster 

Hainsey is and always will be backup material

Darden is the worst punt returner I've ever seen

Britt is a decent backup but that's it

So yea the 22 class looks much better but Goedeke looks awful. Not totally his fault though, he never should have been starting.

I would trade all our draft picks for Belichick or Tomlin 😂 with zero hesitation 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

It took you 3 years to know the Bucs 2016 draft was a disaster? 

It took longer than a rookie and sophomore season, because that's due diligence. I've seen the drafts where a guy looks great after a 1-2 seasons and then struggle the rest of his rookie contract whether it be injury or play related. So it goes both ways. You can't judge a class/player solely off their immediate impact, even as a 1st rounder. If teams did this, there would be a lot of guys who never had that breakout season.

So with you're philosophy are Rams writing off a guy like Van Jefferson as a bust, even though he's flashed what he can do?

Edited by kgarrett12486

Hard to say if 2022 draft class is a wash. Goedeke is not off to a great start and easily not ready to play. 

I don't think Bowles is fired unless the Glazers are totally unhappy and believe he lost the locker room. 

I'd trade Lenny and Devin White to be honest. Rams need a back. So do the Ravens. Net a 3rd rounder. You can probably get 2 picks for White - maybe a late first. 

Lock up Wirfs, Winfield and Dean. 

Get a new OC and QBs coach. 

Sadly, you'll have to ride out the Gage contract. For how bad it is - for another year. 

Brady isn't coming back. End of story. (I meant him coming back to us by unretiring earlier in the offseaon put us in purgatory)

QB Options in FA: 

- Darnold, Jimmy G, Baker mayfield, Jacoby Brissett are all I can think of who might be available. Expect Lamar and Daniel Jones to be Tagged. 

Matt Ryan who was now benched, will retire. Rodgers looks miserable so i can see him retiring instead of starting over with a new team. 

Honestly, maybe Jimmy G is the best option unless someone else has another? Baker and Darnold might get a shot to revive there careers bc Carolina was a dumpster fire to start with Ruhle and co. But either way - I'm looking to draft someone despite signing a veteran. 

Trade Options: 

- If Rodgers retires , I don't see Jordon Love available. Ruling him out. Ruling out Lance as well. I think the Niners will continue their investment unless they somehow win the super bowl with Garoppolo. 

- Two players I'm keeping an eye on : Justin Fields and Trevor Lawerance. 

Why Fields? Chicago has no OL, no Receivers, and no RB's along with no Front seven starters on defense and a worse offensive staff than Tampa's lol. When Fields gets adequate time - you see him scan the field and make the correct read. The problem is he has the worst line in football in front of him with no other weapons or help from coaching staff. I would trade for him. 

Why Lawrence? Trent Baalke is a joke. Khan is a horrible owner and Lawrences' agent might advise him to request a trade if he wants to salvage his career of playing in a dumpster fire. It happened in Denver with Jay Cutler when McDaniels took over and tried trading him for Cassell. I mentioned to a few friends of mine that it would not surprise me if Lawrence asks out of Jacksonville bc it's poorly run. 

The Draft? 

- I'm a fan of both Stroud and young. As of right now - those are the only two i'm taking in round 1. I don't see us having a chance at either. Stroud will go 1 and Young might follow. I'm avoiding over drafting a Will Levis or that Richardson guy from Florida. Way too overhyped as passers - not enough football IQ. 

• Like 1

I have a question: say Bowles is fired. Would you hire a Mike Kafka or Ken Dorsey? Two first year OC's - one who helped turn Daniel Jones into a competent looking starter? It would have to be an offensive background right? If defense - Demeco Ryans? 

I would keep an eye on Indianapolis. Andrew Luck retiring has led them to basically hit the reset button on QB each year not being able to find a guy. Should Frank Reicht or Ballard or both be let go - I wouldn't mind making Licht the VP of Football ops and hiring Ballard as my GM.

6 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

- Two players I'm keeping an eye on : Justin Fields and Trevor Lawerance. 

Why Fields? Chicago has no OL, no Receivers, and no RB's along with no Front seven starters on defense and a worse offensive staff than Tampa's lol. When Fields gets adequate time - you see him scan the field and make the correct read. The problem is he has the worst line in football in front of him with no other weapons or help from coaching staff. I would trade for him. 

My gf is a big bears fan and I have Fields in my only dynasty FF league so I've been watching Fields pretty avidly... idk if I'd want him honestly. His accuracy is meh. And i know he doesn't have anything to work with over there but too many times guys are running wide open downfield and Fields never sees them. He could get better but idk if he'd come cheap either. 

Jimmy G, like you mentioned is sadly the best FA option so that sucks. But imo he could do really well with the WRs we have 🤷‍♂️.

7 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

My gf is a big bears fan and I have Fields in my only dynasty FF league so I've been watching Fields pretty avidly... idk if I'd want him honestly. His accuracy is meh. And i know he doesn't have anything to work with over there but too many times guys are running wide open downfield and Fields never sees them. He could get better but idk if he'd come cheap either. 

Jimmy G, like you mentioned is sadly the best FA option so that sucks. But imo he could do really well with the WRs we have 🤷‍♂️.

We'd need to implement a full WC offense. 

Fields - I am not going to evaluate him much based on the last two years. This team and coaching staff he's endured does not warrant a fair evaluation of who is as a player - especially bc Accuracy was not an issue with him coming out of school. Two teams that did nothing to help their QB in the offseason were the Packers and the Bears. lol . And I disagree with his downfield vision (also not an issue coming out). He has the worst pass protection in the league. That probably plays a part in him not getting the ball to them downfield. But again - you can't make the proper fair assessment bc his team is so bad around him. 

15 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I have a question: say Bowles is fired. Would you hire a Mike Kafka or Ken Dorsey? Two first year OC's - one who helped turn Daniel Jones into a competent looking starter? It would have to be an offensive background right? If defense - Demeco Ryans? 

I would keep an eye on Indianapolis. Andrew Luck retiring has led them to basically hit the reset button on QB each year not being able to find a guy. Should Frank Reicht or Ballard or both be let go - I wouldn't mind making Licht the VP of Football ops and hiring Ballard as my GM.

No to Dorsey. I think he's a product of Brian Daboll. I'd have to see him have success away from Daboll before I'd hire him. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

We'd need to implement a full WC offense. 

Fields - I am not going to evaluate him much based on the last two years. This team and coaching staff he's endured does not warrant a fair evaluation of who is as a player - especially bc Accuracy was not an issue with him coming out of school. Two teams that did nothing to help their QB in the offseason were the Packers and the Bears. lol . And I disagree with his downfield vision (also not an issue coming out). He has the worst pass protection in the league. That probably plays a part in him not getting the ball to them downfield. But again - you can't make the proper fair assessment bc his team is so bad around him. 

yeah, i agree

Bears weapons and coaching has been pretty inept , but its looking a little better this year coaching wise

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No to Dorsey. I think he's a product of Brian Daboll. I'd have to see him have success away from Daboll before I'd hire him. 

i really would love an Offensive coach but there isnt anyone I'm sold on, I'd have to look

as for what our team needs right now coaching wise, I think Mike Vrabel would be a baller coach here. Everytime I count those guys out (because the have such little talent) they surprise and win games. Titans are so well coached and that's all due to Vrabel. I did not think he would be this good of a coach when he started tbh.