Eagles trade for Robert Quinn

TheRealMcCoy

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Figured he was playing hurt or something as he had no impact. Looks like a bad trade, but if he can contribute even one sack in the postseason it might still be worth.

Yeah, not looking like the best but if he comes up clutch in the playoffs it’s whatever. It’s a day 3 pick

41 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Figured he was playing hurt or something as he had no impact. Looks like a bad trade, but if he can contribute even one sack in the postseason it might still be worth.

My thoughts exactly. Even if he never contributes and this was a wasted pick, I don’t blame Howie at all. Was a good move, but they can’t all work out.

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

My thoughts exactly. Even if he never contributes and this was a wasted pick, I don’t blame Howie at all. Was a good move, but they can’t all work out.

I was cool with the swing.

On 10/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Quinn is still a much better player than Avery and I don't think I can call him washed quite yet. 

I guess we'll see. He definitely won't be getting doubled at like the 4th highest rate of any EDGE defender on the Eagles. 

According to that chart Solak posted he's getting doubled like 3X more than Reddick for comparisons sake.

He'll be playing less snaps for us than he was the Bears too which should help.

I guess maybe we could've traded less for Jerry Hughes who may be a bit better run defender and cheaper to keep next year if we want.

This could be an expensive rental for 2/3rds of the season + playoffs, so I get not being gung-ho over it, but I'm glad to have more pass rush.

It turns out we should've tried trading that 4th for Jerry Hughes.

Not that it was a guarantee Houston would've traded us a player right before our match-up.

But, yeah if Quinn makes a big sack/play any time in the playoffs it makes it worth it.

34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

But, yeah if Quinn makes a big sack/play any time in the playoffs it makes it worth it.

If he doesn't,  so be it. I do remember Jordan Davis in a PC interview talking specifically about Quinn when picking his mind about technique/moves. That alone might be worth it.

Yes Mentoring. 

If he makes it back for the playoff run, makes a splash play ala Barnett/BG, Great. If not so be it.