Eagles trade for Robert Quinn

TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. This is a weak *** NFL currently. We should capitalize now. CMC would have been that splash move though. I think this just replaces Barnett for the year. Which is great. But it leaves me with a little one foot in, one foot out type feeling. 

Nah. Much rather trade for Quinn than CMC even if its a rental.

Eagles aren't paying a RB that much (salary or draft capital). We don't even use our RBs that much as receivers and that's where CMC excels most. He's not some god as a runner like a Nick Chubb is.

Barnett was meh, but we lost him for the year and if we were to lose Sweat or Reddick then the pass rush would be kinda vulnerable. 

Having a deep rotation at DL helped us win it all in 2017. I'm glad we made this move and if injury happens I'm gonna be very thankful.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. This is a weak *** NFL currently. We should capitalize now. CMC would have been that splash move though. I think this just replaces Barnett for the year. Which is great. But it leaves me with a little one foot in, one foot out type feeling. 

Would’ve loved a splash, some more time to do that I guess, but seems less likely. Unless they do move Dillard and have an extra 2nd to play with.

That's a good point. Didn't think of him not having his bye week now that he's on the Eagles.

Bears were set to have a week 14 bye.

Edit: Then again he's part of a rotation here and won't be playing a ton of snaps, so that helps.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

26 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

A previous bad trade doesnt make this one good.

I am meh on this. Seems like he may be washed already.

Quinn is still a much better player than Avery and I don't think I can call him washed quite yet. 

I guess we'll see. He definitely won't be getting doubled at like the 4th highest rate of any EDGE defender on the Eagles. 

According to that chart Solak posted he's getting doubled like 3X more than Reddick for comparisons sake.

He'll be playing less snaps for us than he was the Bears too which should help.

I guess maybe we could've traded less for Jerry Hughes who may be a bit better run defender and cheaper to keep next year if we want.

This could be an expensive rental for 2/3rds of the season + playoffs, so I get not being gung-ho over it, but I'm glad to have more pass rush.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy