Eagles trade for DE Robert Quinn

TheRealMcCoy

Looking at his PFF grades they are pretty low this year, but he’s coming off a 18.5 sacks season. I wonder if he’s not playing as hard cause he knew he was gonna be moved or what. Getting another DE certainly helps and I’m guessing he can be cut without much money lost if needed in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

he's 32 and has like a 17m cap hit

Exactly. It's a good trade for both sides. Bears lose the cap and get some compensation. Quinn is 32 and isn't off to a big start. Eagles are praying they get some of 2021 Quinn and not 2020 Quinn.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Exactly. It's a good trade for both sides. Bears lose the cap and get some compensation. Quinn is 32 and isn't off to a big start. Eagles are praying they get some of 2021 Quinn and not 2020 Quinn.

They’ll get a stronger version than the bears have seen this year but 2021 Quinn won’t happen again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Looking at his PFF grades they are pretty low this year, but he’s coming off a 18.5 sacks season. I wonder if he’s not playing as hard cause he knew he was gonna be moved or what. Getting another DE certainly helps and I’m guessing he can be cut without much money lost if needed in the offseason.

New defense, new coach, new scheme. Wasn’t an effort thing. And he was probably the only intimidating factor of our pass rush, so he was going to get the focus. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only one day 3 pick? I’m with it.

Thought they might get at least a 3rd.

I was going to be disappointed, but I'm very okay with the Eagles getting Quinn at that price. I wouldn't have wanted the Rams to make that trade. I figured he'd be available for a 6th.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was going to be disappointed, but I'm very okay with the Eagles getting Quinn at that price. I wouldn't have wanted the Rams to make that trade. I figured he'd be available for a 6th.

Fair.

I don't think Rams have a shot at the SB this year, so not making a trade where the value is a little bit higher than you feel comfortable makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

New defense, new coach, new scheme. Wasn’t an effort thing. And he was probably the only intimidating factor of our pass rush, so he was going to get the focus. 

I've only seen you guys play once this year for a full game, so I was just spit balling. Good to know.