Eagles trade for DE Robert Quinn

TheRealMcCoy

39 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
43 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The Ravens front office isn't allowed to trade for players for other teams.

We are, we're not allowed to spend anything more than a 5th round pick or a backup kicker though :( 

I meant the Ravens can't trade for players for good teams, they can only trade for players for the Ravens.

Now don't you dare remove your like from my post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

He has ~7.5M in salary to be paid. Bears are paying most of that. My guess is they'll pay almost everything except Quinn's workout bonus (100k).

Well if you are right and that's the case, then I'm even happier with the trade.

You were right. @abstract_thought

• Like 2

That is one amazing pickup, Quinn had 18.5 sacks last year so he still has some left in the tank and DE is the biggest need on the Eagles roster.  Quinn should provide much needed pass rush help on the edge no question about it.  And only losing a 4th is not much at all.

So is Graham, Barnett and Janarius Robinson all on IR for the Eagles?  I guess Graham might be only on the Q

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

New defense, new coach, new scheme. Wasn’t an effort thing. And he was probably the only intimidating factor of our pass rush, so he was going to get the focus. 

Do you think that the Bears can make a rally off of their nice performance against NE or do you think that was fools gold against a not good team in the Patriots.... 

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Good move for Philly. He's going to be a beast with their interior push.

the old vets don't just forget how to play. Like you point out, with that interior this is a great move by Philly.  The trades near the deadline get interesting, teams getting good value in areas of need due to injury or just to get to the next level. 

Fairly certain Robert Quinn won't be Triple teamed while on the field for the Eagles like he was as a Bear.

This also opens things up for Hassan, BG , Cox and Davis to eat. Who are you dbl teaming?

Curious how much if any playing time he gets Sunday? Or do they treat this week like his bye week since he won't get one now?

It's a home game, so I'll assume he gets some play in front of Eagles fans.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Do you think that the Bears can make a rally off of their nice performance against NE or do you think that was fools gold against a not good team in the Patriots.... 

it’s going to be a rollercoaster year. BB actually seemed pretty nervous about this matchup and aggressively addressed what the bears offer in a press conference before the game, which I found funny. The patriots aren’t good though, so no team beating them should be considered an upset. The bears this year will be what I figured they’d be: what they always are. Bad enough one game to make you question why you even watch the sport, then overachievers. Incapable of being much better or worse than average. It would be the case whether the team was full of pro bowlers or UDFA’s. 

• Like 1