Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

Just now, KingTitan said:

Not making excuses. 
I talked about the apparent plan at WR. His plan was not to have Woods, NWI be the only "legit" target. It was to have Burks and Phillips to play a role. And they are out. End of story.

It wasn't built to be a high octane scoring passing game. If that was your expectation, it was wrong. 

Not expecting them to "save" anything. But to help make a more complete offense by adding some youth and athletic ability. 

But for people who walked away from this game saying a WR solves or wins this game are mistaken. 

yeah, and i literally just said that's an atrocious plan lol. again, maybe you're fine with that. idk how you can be given the results even while burks and phillips were healthy, but whatever

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m not, he’s just a competent body that gets Hollister off the field. The receivers and passing game was never set up to be good this year. But replacing Daley with Lewan and Hollister and Conley with Burks and Phillips probably gives you enough to get carried by a healthy defense/pass rush.

sure. that definitely doesn't place us on the same level as the bills or chiefs though. like i said, we grit out these regular season games, fine, but in january it doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

But for people who walked away from this game saying a WR solves or wins this game are mistaken.

I’m with you all the way to this. I think this is the second game this year we win with AJ. Because either KC has to adjust their game plan on defense and not play press with nobody over the top (in which case the run game likely doesn’t fall off a cliff) or the shot plays we took to NWI, Conley and Hollister go to AJ. And you have a really tough time convincing me he doesn’t make at least one, but probably two or three of those plays.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, and i literally just said that's an atrocious plan lol. again, maybe you're fine with that. idk how you can be given the results even while burks and phillips were healthy, but whatever

Not fine with anything.
The success we had in the 1st half is documented. They were doing something right.

We have OC problems. We have OL problems. We have WR problems.

We can win with our lack at WR. I'm not isolating WR as our sole problem.

If i rank it. 

Its LT, WR, OC.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

sure. that definitely doesn't place us on the same level as the bills or chiefs though. like i said, we grit out these regular season games, fine, but in january it doesn't matter.

I think it could. Probably not now, but we saw just how much havoc Landry/Simmons/Autry/Dupree could wreak in the playoffs last year. If you even get just this year’s version of Tannehill and a healthy OL and the rookies, a dominant front can carry you. But obviously this is purely hypothetical.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I'm fine with grinding out the reg season as of now. We have to find a solution for the playoffs when and if we get there. Defense has shown to be able to hold it's own. With guys like Kalu and Cole playing big snaps. 

We have to find answers on offense. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

A delayed TE screen to Swaim. I don't blame Willis at all for that.

swaim stayed on the block for like 3 seconds lmao good god. no wonder nobody watching recognized it as a screen

this staff's total infatuation with this ******* scrub is mind-boggling

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

A delayed TE screen to Swaim. I don't blame Willis at all for that.

Yeah, he feels Henry one on one with a rusher on his left, slides to his right, and finally Swaim disengages just in time for Willis to be running around. It’s a bad call to our worst athlete who held his block way too long. Willis needs to throw the ball away, that’s obvious. But Swaim didn’t release nearly fast enough and it’s a stupid play call even if he does.