Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm still waiting on someone to explain how/why we're expected to keep a guy who no longer wants to be here.

"Why didn't the Titans make AJ Brown want to be here instead of with Jalen Hurts!?!? How can they not control his mind!?"

He wanted to be here just fine up until we started contract negotiations. It's almost like trying to low ball him with the same amount APY that Christian Kirk got pissed him off or something.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My problem with totally blaming the WR is because similar to the Houston game, I think there were chances for passes to be completed but Malik missed them.

There was a roll out to Hollister where he cut up to run for like 3 yards, Cody open in the flat for first down. 
There was one missile  he fired to Woods, but it was very off target on the side. 

My point on this offense being able to win even with a low level Wr core is that the QB has to be able to throw the ball and the WR has to make the play that is there. 
Even with Tanny, if we only got 160 yards passing, Tanny was able to hit the WR when he wasn't dodging players that Daley let run free. 

In a very un-exciting offensive approach, it can work in the regular season at least, if you can run the ball and make key passes when called upon. 

He also had Hilliard in the flat and one hoped it. Later scored with Wildcat, but....Willis was just one of the problems.
We continue to suck terribly in the 2nd half. 

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm still waiting on someone to explain how/why we're expected to keep a guy who no longer wants to be here.

"Why didn't the Titans make AJ Brown want to be here instead of with Jalen Hurts!?!? How can they not control his mind!?"

i'm still waiting on you to explain why you're taking the team at their word but not AJ brown lol.

like, they're both running PR for themselves. none of it is likely hard truth, and we will probably never know the messy details. i find it very difficult to believe they couldn't have worked something out.

I caught parts of this game and watched the last TD drive by Mahomes. When he scored I knew the Titans would lose. 

Based on some reactions here, it's the same old Titans Titaning to lose a heartbreaker. 

Also sounds like they need a receiver. Probably would help, but poverty franchise needs every nickel and dime to afford a new stadium.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I will never understand this staff’s fascination with bad athletes with unearned reputations as blockers.

Who needs WR’s when you can run the ball, now y’all starting to see what I was saying when I call AJ being traded before the draft. Think like the Titans for you to understand them don’t think what makes sense. 25 mill a yr for a WR, who we gone throw the ball to an avg 5x a game that’s too much we’ll just give Henry 4 more extra carries. A WR we traded a 2nd round pick for who hamstring was shot we can do better let’s trade for a WR coming off an ACL injury. Let’s bring back our incompetent sh!t for brains OC clearly the 3rd times the charm he stunk in Oak stunk his 1st yr in TN but he’s a Bud of the HC that counts for some 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just now, -Hope- said:

i'm still waiting on you to explain why you're taking the team at their word but not AJ brown lol.

like, they're both running PR for themselves. none of it is likely hard truth, and we will probably never know the messy details. i find it very difficult to believe they couldn't have worked something out.

It's out there that the offer to Brown originally was 20m. Not from the team, but the leak from Samuel.

He's making 25 with Philly.

He refused to negotiate at all.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My problem with totally blaming the WR is because similar to the Houston game, I think there were chances for passes to be completed but Malik missed them.

There was a roll out to Hollister where he cut up to run for like 3 yards, Cody open in the flat for first down. 
There was one missile  he fired to Woods, but it was very off target on the side. 

My point on this offense being able to win even with a low level Wr core is that the QB has to be able to throw the ball and the WR has to make the play that is there. 
Even with Tanny, if we only got 160 yards passing, Tanny was able to hit the WR when he wasn't dodging players that Daley let run free. 

In a very un-exciting offensive approach, it can work in the regular season at least, if you can run the ball and make key passes when called upon. 

I’m in no way saying the receivers were the biggest problem tonight. Downing, OL and Willis win that. Just that when you have Downing calling plays, an abysmal pass blocking line and an incredibly erratic QB, you really need your receivers to come up with plays in their limited opportunities. AJ gave us that and nobody on the roster now did. Margin of error is minuscule for everyone on the offense now.

Just now, -Hope- said:

But they didn't. 

Some are taking his side like it's all true too tho.
its not like Arthur was some beacon of honesty. 

They both made their decisions. I would have sent him to Jacksonville or Carolina personally. 

They sent him to his best friend because something was up behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

It's out there that the offer to Brown originally was 20m. Not from the team, but the leak from Samuel.

yeah, and dianna russini and turron already wrote about how it's possible he misinterpreted that as 16 OR it's possible that the team actually did lowball him due to the particulars of extension vs new salary. either way there's potential for a resolution there. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’m in no way saying the receivers were the biggest problem tonight. Downing, OL and Willis win that. Just that when you have Downing calling plays, an abysmal pass blocking line and an incredibly erratic QB, you really need your receivers to come up with plays in their limited opportunities. AJ gave us that and nobody on the roster now did. Margin of error is minuscule for everyone on the offense now.

True enough. 

I still believe in Burks long term personally.  He was showing some flashes to why he could be a good WR. 

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We have no idea how long negotiations took place before he refused to negotiate and whether or not Tennessee ever tried to offer more than 20 prior to pissing him off.

Entirely possible we lost playing hard ball.

Just now, titans0021 said:

That’s. Umm. Something.

Honestly, It could have been secret up until kickoff and I don't think it would have matter or changed anything. 

His struggles along with play calling was defense enough. We just went away from zone reads. It was working.