Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The stone age approach could work if we had an OC with a better feel.  
I mean I don't think any of us would call the 2019 offense with Arthur a wide open masterpiece. He just had a better feel of how to mix it all together. We still ran Henry like crazy. 

An OC with a better feel would have found a way to get us some points on that drive where we started at midfield. 
A better OC would have to find a way to continue any 1st half success into the 2nd. 

But to your point, would it change a lot, No, but I think we'd have more success with it. 

2019 we at least had Corey, AJ, Jonnu, Firk...and an awesome OL

The question I continue to go back to

On what other NFL team...from the Texans to the Bills...do guys like Swaim/Hollister play 50%< of snaps?

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The thing is, I'm OK with philosophically not prioritizing WRs.  A run heavy offense with a great defense works.  That's fine, sure.  But the thing is, you still need a fairly deep pool of at least capable receivers for it to work.  We would barely have that at 100% health.   Guys like Hollister just should not be on an active roster at all.  His biggest contributions were not catching balls and getting big plays called back with penalties.

Even Georgia Tech recruited Calvin Johnson when they were running that option offense. lol

Not saying you have to have a HOF WR. But if you have a group of #2's that you can depend on, that's great. 
A couple of Corey Davis like WR's would be nice. 

• Like 1

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

2019 we at least had Corey, AJ, Jonnu, Firk...and an awesome OL

The question I continue to go back to

On what other NFL team...from the Texans to the Bills...do guys like Swaim/Hollister play 50%< of snaps?

in 2019, would you say the approach was still stone age or we just had better people to run it.  
:) You said Firkser.  I laugh just because of all the hate he got. 

But yeah, would you like the approach with different people? or new approach with same personnel?  (if you had to choose) Obviously both would be nice. lol

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Hell no

Tanny is tough as nails

I have a feeling that Tanny cannot run nor plant his bad ankle

you can't play that way

Tannehill looked so stiff in the little warmups he did. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him next week. I really don't think there is any reason to rush him back, just get him to 100.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

in 2019, would you say the approach was still stone age or we just had better people to run it.  
:) You said Firkser.  I laugh just because of all the hate he got. 

But yeah, would you like the approach with different people? or new approach with same personnel?  (if you had to choose) Obviously both would be nice. lol

Better people to run it 100%

Firk could at least get open and catch a ball

There's a lot of ways to score points. We had an offense that was SB-worthy minus a franchise QB 

We just have a complete dearth of talent and a bozo calling plays. Abysmal...ABYSMAL pass blocking OL.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The thing is, I'm OK with philosophically not prioritizing WRs.  A run heavy offense with a great defense works.  That's fine, sure.  But the thing is, you still need a fairly deep pool of at least capable receivers for it to work.  We would barely have that at 100% health.   Guys like Hollister just should not be on an active roster at all.  His biggest contributions were not catching balls and getting big plays called back with penalties.

100%. i said something like this earlier this season. if you want to rotate guys as much as we rotate them, not force-feed anyone, not necessarily have someone be THE GUY, etc, i'm not even totally opposed to that! but to succeed with that strategy you NEED a really solid top-to-bottom receiving unit. i mean honestly look at the chiefs. that's basically what they've done this year they do have kelce of course- but in terms of the receivers, it's just a deep, talented group with no real #1. that's what you need if you want to roll this way. 

the bottom line is, remember that crazy jump ball catch noah gray made in the second half yesterday? that's the chiefs' *backup tight end*. we don't have a SINGLE GUY ON THE ROSTER capable of doing what their *backup tight end* did yesterday.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

100%. i said something like this earlier this season. if you want to rotate guys as much as we rotate them, not force-feed anyone, not necessarily have someone be THE GUY, etc, i'm not even totally opposed to that! but to succeed with that strategy you NEED a really solid top-to-bottom receiving unit. i mean honestly look at the chiefs. that's basically what they've done this year they do have kelce of course- but in terms of the receivers, it's just a deep, talented group with no real #1. that's what you need if you want to roll this way. 

the bottom line is, remember that crazy jump ball catch noah gray made in the second half yesterday? that's the chiefs' *backup tight end*. we don't have a SINGLE GUY ON THE ROSTER capable of doing what their *backup tight end* did yesterday.

I truly think the plan was to have WR by committee.  With the addition of Hooper, Chig, Woods, Burks, and Phillps. One would think that they as a group could produce a few plays. 
We treat that position like other teams treat the RB spot. 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Even Georgia Tech recruited Calvin Johnson when they were running that option offense. lol

Not saying you have to have a HOF WR. But if you have a group of #2's that you can depend on, that's great. 
A couple of Corey Davis like WR's would be nice. 

Yep.  Man, I won't even complain about Burks and Woods as the top two if we had more than just NWI behind them.  Even if we assume Phillips works as our slot and McMath comes back and contributes, I still feel like you need at least one more guy of the NWI level to make that rotation reliable.

Also, we need better TEs.  Chig is developing nicely, but I'd like to see a premium pick used on TE this draft.  Having Chig and a good rookie would really, really help this awful WR group.

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Also, we need better TEs.  Chig is developing nicely, but I'd like to see a premium pick used on TE this draft.  Having Chig and a good rookie would really, really help this awful WR group.

darnell washington hive assemble!!!

• Like 1

We need guys who can get separation. Simple as that. And we need an OC who can be creative in any sort of way. Or just use the read option with Willis. Cause it was working. Also, 17 carries for Henry? Why get away from giving him the ball? If you don’t want to just hand it off, find a way to get him involved through pass plays. Whatever, on to Denver.

We can play with anyone in this league. Can it be sustained over a playoff run? Idk. Maybe? Depends on how much the offense can heal and grow. Treylon isnt going to save the offense, but the dude at least gets separation and is explosive. We need to believe that he can fill some of the void.  Look at his catches from earlier this year. Guy has skill with the ball in his hands.

I believe Vrabel is a great enough coach to hide some of our flaws in the playoffs.

If the defense can continue to get better, I believe we can do something in the playoffs. This defense is special.

Can Odell block? Doubt he would want to come here. But we have to at least try to get a guy like that.

Edited by twotonebluenation

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Listen, a steady rotation of receivers sounds great on paper, but do you know how tough it is to find seven elite blocking receivers?

that's a joke, but I kind of agree. lol
If we gonna go full into one way, lets fully go.  (Ravens with Lamar).

Full run offense. Get Hilliard out there, Get Haskins out there. Run some Wing T.  Go full high school offense. 

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yep.  Man, I won't even complain about Burks and Woods as the top two if we had more than just NWI behind them.  Even if we assume Phillips works as our slot and McMath comes back and contributes, I still feel like you need at least one more guy of the NWI level to make that rotation reliable.

It makes no sense that we don't prioritize finding a top tier TE. I believe a great TE does wonders for this team. Like imagine a Mark Andrews in this offense? Idk, I have been beating that drum for a minute. I just want it, way more than a WR. lol.