Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

it's crazy how many offseason needs we're going to have for a team that is likely to play a home playoff game. really speaks to the hideous drafting of recent years.

LT, WR, TE all urgent.

EDGE, S, OG/C (probably one or the other) all looming as guys age + we get rid of some contracts, and we will likely see some future-planning draft picks at those positions.

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

This was just crap luck.

The one thing we were bad at yesterday was forcing Mahomes to go backwards diagonally instead of just running laterally with him. Makes it easier on him to turn up field and/or throw on the run. Though this one was obviously ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

darnell washington hive assemble!!!

I am warming up more and more to the idea of just signing a LT in the offseason and drafting a TE in the first.  There are quite a few guys hitting the market, and we ought to be an appealing option for a tackle.

TE in the first is always risky, but the ND kid or Darnell are pretty stellar TE prospects.  Especially for what we want.  I mean, Darnell could walk in and be our extra-OL-who-actually-catches-a-TD package guy.

This is going to be my last post about officiating, but this one really got me too. Weaver gets held, which fine, whatever, they didn’t call holding all night. But then, just as he disengages from the hold, a second OL comes up and knocks him down with the shot to the back. Right next to Mahomes. Right in front of an official. They got Hollister for a bump 10 yards away from the play. But no-call that one. 

I mean hell, the OL even did the thing where he extends his arms to the side to pretend he didn’t block because he knows he just committed a penalty.

Conley with absolute hands of stone.

A lot to like here with Malik. Dude can sure as hell throw it to the outside.

He really needs to get better at throwing to the middle of the field. Its a major weakness. He seems so hesitant.

Passing wise he is kind of the opposite right now of Tannehill. Tannehill struggles outside of the hashes. But excels in the middle with confidence.

Not a lot of volume, but I do like that he didn't turn it over. That is one thing we are doing right with him in protecting him. Teaching the value of protecting the ball.

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Conley with absolute hands of stone.

A lot to like here with Malik. Dude can sure as hell throw it to the outside.

He really needs to get better at throwing to the middle of the field. Its a major weakness. He seems so hesitant.

Passing wise he is kind of the opposite right now of Tannehill. Tannehill struggles outside of the hashes. But excels in the middle with confidence.

Not a lot of volume, but I do like that he didn't turn it over. That is one thing we are doing right with him in protecting him. Teaching the value of protecting the ball.

i hope people have calmed down from the frankly ridiculous malik-bashing that was going on last night, because he showed more promise than i dared to hope for, surrounded by almost no talent in a hostile environment against a very good team.

• Like 3

Just now, -Hope- said:

i hope people have calmed down from the frankly ridiculous malik-bashing that was going on last night, because he showed more promise than i dared to hope for, surrounded by almost no talent in a hostile environment against a very good team.

He was surrounded by this type of talent and he held his own enough to beat the Chiefs. Kid showed some stuff last night and the hate he got at the end of the game was totally unwarranted. I stand by Malik and the idea that he just needs maturation and for the game to slow down. It will come.

honestly, call me crazy but if we can seriously address the talent deficit at OL and WR this offseason i miiiiight just be on the "move tannehill and roll with malik next season" train (plus moving tannehill will free $$$ to actually go get some of that offensive talent). i love tannehill but we know he's not the guy, he's not getting any younger, and we have an out on his contract. imo with malik, the dude needs reps. he needs the game to slow down for him. but imo, there are enough flashes there that even if he's not the guy, i want to give him a go. rip the bandaid off let's do it baby

• Like 1