Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

We had AJ for two more years without even breaking a sweat. It doesn’t matter if he wanted to be here or not. Tag and trade him next year if you need to. But keep your 24-year-old WR1 when you think you’re in a win-now window.

Bingo this how you know it was the titans took the words out my mouth we had him under control for 2yrs. He couldn’t do nothing but not sign his franchise tender next offseason but I’ll make him prove to me he can stay healthy & worth 25 mill. Titans are stuck in their ways & to think they think us fans want to see this style of football in a fancy state of the art stadium come 2026 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Bingo this how you know it was the titans took the words out my mouth we had him under control for 2yrs. He couldn’t do nothing but not sign his franchise tender next offseason but I’ll make him prove to me he can stay healthy & worth 25 mill. Titans are stuck in their ways & to think they think us fans want to see this style of football in a fancy state of the art stadium come 2026 

Just a reminder, there is a thread to discuss him solely. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

this is just hilarious. i don't know mike, maybe you should have thought about that before rolling with nothing but scrubs at WR. 

Vrabel's plan wasn't to go with this at WR.

He literally went on Rich Eisen's show and said so long as he was head coach, AJ Brown would be on this team. No coach/executive speech of "well you know it's a business and both sides work for whats best for them" or any nonsense like that. Outright states what he wants.

AJ Brown decided he didn't want that to be the case though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Just a reminder, there is a thread to discuss him solely. 

Who cares it’s not that serious next week it’s going to be another thread for next weeks game & we’re still going to mention him all this law n order over a thread 😩 Goodnight king titan catch you some Zzzz like AJ brown 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

He literally went on Rich Eisen's show and said so long as he was head coach, AJ Brown would be on this team. No coach/executive speech of "well you know it's a business and both sides work for whats best for them" or any nonsense like that. Outright states what he wants.

If we've run out of things to say about game. Just a reminder that there is a thread to discuss that trade. :) 

Just now, TitanLegend said:

you can repeat this until you're blue in the face if you think it'll make it confirmed fact, i guess

also, if vrabel isn't happy with what they have at WR i would suggest having done literally anything about it between the draft and now. including possibly prioritizing guys for their ability to get open and catch rather than their blocking. i know that's a crazy idea though

Edited by -Hope-

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Who cares it’s not that serious next week it’s going to be another thread for next weeks game & we’re still going to mention him all this law n order over a thread 😩 Goodnight king titan catch you some Zzzz like AJ brown 

No law and order. Simple reminder. 

I was happy to see us have at least a couple plays drawn up for Chig. Hopefully that continues with Tannehill. And Hooper continues to just catch the ball when called upon. All of which would be encouraging for our TE usage for the rest of the year if we didn’t move back to a Swaim screen on the most important play of the game.

Just now, KingTitan said:

No law and order. Simple reminder. 

We have an everything else thread what’s the point of an AJ thread or John Robinson thread or a prospect thread. This thread literally be on pause next week like the colts thread. But ok 👍🏽 we get the memo to the bat cave 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I wonder how much NPF’s reputation has benefited from Daley. Because he’s been pretty below average, but he’s still so much better than Daley that he seems to have escaped criticism for the most part.

well, he's also a rookie. you can almost guarantee that rookie OL (particularly if they don't go high) will range from middling to terrible. even the ones that go high sometimes are- andrew thomas was borderline unplayable last year and has been fantastic this year.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

well, he's also a rookie. you can almost guarantee that rookie OL (particularly if they don't go high) will range from middling to terrible. even the ones that go high sometimes are- andrew thomas was borderline unplayable last year and has been fantastic this year.

Oh yeah, I’m not writing him off. Enough encouraging things to think he could be solid next year and good down the line. He’s just currently the second worst OL on a bad zOL and we don’t even acknowledge him.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i continue to be bewildered by the open frustration mike vrabel expresses with these receivers relative to the absolute nothing that this organization actually does about it.

I sometimes wonder if this staff’s never-ending focus on physical play and constant blocking at the WR position plays a significant role in the constant injuries at that spot.